TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
I still don't understand how ads work on freeve. For "Dramaw2rld" there were two ads only in the very last episode, so far in the first four of "Bosch: Legacy" I have seen none.

On the other hand, the ads in "Dramaw2rld" were sliced in with no warning or fade-out and right in the middle of the action. If the ads were more common I would abandon freeve. As it is I think very carefully before watching something there. (I know. "Dramaw2rld"?)

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Well, that was quite the ride. There were a few things that struck me as odd, such as zooming in on the video, unless it was supposed to be a live shot, which makes no sense since she was viewing it at night.

I didn't see Mads getting taken, unless it was intentional.

As for who the screen cutter is, my guess is
Dockwiler
That's
Kurt Dockweiler

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
It was interesting to see the reference to his house with the great view. I am guessing the current owners said enough is enough and they made up the earthquake story.
No, the earthquake story is straight from the books.

Incidentally, Harry should get a new real estate agent. An empty lot on the next block was sold for $4,495,000 a year ago.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
That's funny. I haven't read the books so that's good to know. I figured it was production issues.

On the old Mary Tyler Moore show she had this house in Minneapolis they filmed the first year and subsequently used the old footage whenever they referenced her being at home. At some point the current/new owners (I think) started protesting with signs and making it difficult for them to do any new footage so they moved her to the condos near the university.
They do lots of filming in and around my neighborhood. Production companies will ordinarily recompense affected parties beforehand. But as you imply a particularly iconic location can be a target for lookie-loos afterwards, especially so since they are easy to find with IMDB or Google. I admit to driving by places like Laurel and Hardy's infamous piano stairs and the "Charmed" Halliwell manor from time to time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts