TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,877 Posts
Anybody know how to get PlayOn to record close captions?

Reactions: DouglasPHill

·
Premium Member
10,877 Posts
Update: if captions are on in Prime/Freevee, they will be included with the recording. However in Channels DVR they show up for me in the Fire TV client but not in the web UI.

If a commercial is less than 30 seconds then Channels DVR won't auto-skip, but manually skipping ahead works well enough.
Hulu makes it a bit of pain. It seems you can't just go to a profile but you actually have to start playing on the web and turn it on and then stop. Of course then the program remembers a different start point so I presume you have to back up.
I wish PlayOn could had an option to say Yes I want close captions and then it would turn them on it Hulu/Netflix/... when it started cloud recording. It should not be that hard to do.

·
Premium Member
10,877 Posts
Just finished episode 5. I enjoyed seeing some of the old cast and they are still great as always. The stories still seem disconnected. I am presuming they will all come together at some point.

·
Premium Member
10,877 Posts
PlayOn works great for me to skip the ads.

·
Premium Member
10,877 Posts
Watched Eps 9 and 10 last night. What are people's guesses for the final scene!
My guess is Maddie snuck out through the broken screen window without her gun and phone which is why he could not contact her.
As to who the guy is???

It was interesting to see the reference to his house with the great view. I am guessing the current owners said enough is enough and they made up the earthquake story.

·
Premium Member
10,877 Posts
No, the earthquake story is straight from the books.

Incidentally, Harry should get a new real estate agent. An empty lot on the next block was sold for $4,495,000 a year ago.
That's funny. I haven't read the books so that's good to know. I figured it was production issues.

On the old Mary Tyler Moore show she had this house in Minneapolis they filmed the first year and subsequently used the old footage whenever they referenced her being at home. At some point the current/new owners (I think) started protesting with signs and making it difficult for them to do any new footage so they moved her to the condos near the university.

·
Premium Member
10,877 Posts
They do lots of filming in and around my neighborhood. Production companies will ordinarily recompense affected parties beforehand. But as you imply a particularly iconic location can be a target for lookie-loos afterwards, especially so since they are easy to find with IMDB or Google. I admit to driving by places like Laurel and Hardy's infamous piano stairs and the "Charmed" Halliwell manor from time to time.

I could easily see one of those cheap movie tours including it in their routes effectively pissing everybody off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts