TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmmm....looks like they skipped an episode and showed this one instead. The recap had the part of Peter going out to the play with Adele, and the previews from last week had Adam hitting on Peter's boss, which he mentioned this episode. According to IMDB, today's episode should've been "Revelations".

Anyways, the whole gay plots is just so funny. I was hoping Daniel would use the gangster's orientation to blackmail him into NOT building the school. And are gay guys really able to "get it up" with women?

Talk about a powerful family. The father is the head bishop, with one son being Senator and other being a prominent priest.

·
Banned
21,195 Posts
I tried to like this show, I really did. I gave it three full episodes but at the end, I just don't connect with any of the people. Mostly, the game seems to be how many shocking things can be happening is a Episcopal Priest's life and the amusement value of the shocks are just not enough. No one but Daniel is even remotely likable. All hedonistic and self centered and just not very nice people.

If you like it, continue watching but I just deleted my SP for this one.

·
WiiMomma
14,139 Posts
I, too, have tried to like it. I just seems like it's trying too hard (desperately?) to be like "Desperate Housewives". I think the premise is interesting but the execution is lacking.

·
Save the Moderatоr
34,556 Posts
I think the characters are developing well and storylines are progressing nicely. It's a fun show with a lot of interesting family relationship stories. As soon as the mob guy showed up worried about how Daniel thought he was gay, I knew where that storyline was going. Still, it's fun to see it develop more, especially with the mob guys' brother now being a target of interest by his sister in law.

It's one of the more enjoyable shows on the networks right now. While I don't know if they're trying to be a "Desperate Housewives" or not, they're succeeding infinitely better than Marc Cherry is managing this season.

Unless I missed it, Daniel only went for the Vicodin once this episode -- right at the end.

·
Hi. What is this?
10,440 Posts
I'm still loving this show, but was sorry to see them "go there" with the gay son having sex with the girl. That's just going to add fuel to the fire for those who believe being gay is a choice.

I was thoroughly confused by the "Previously On" segment. I thought I had missed an episode. Glad to see it was the network monkeying with things.

·
mega Pnut m&m
197 Posts
PJO1966 said:
I'm still loving this show, but was sorry to see them "go there" with the gay son having sex with the girl. That's just going to add fuel to the fire for those who believe being gay is a choice.
maybe. or maybe it'll just portray a young man who was horny. or a young man that's figuring his sexual orientation out. or a young man that's bi. or a young man that was aroused with a friend so why not?

M.

·
Hi. What is this?
10,440 Posts
myriadian said:
maybe. or maybe it'll just portray a young man who was horny. or a young man that's figuring his sexual orientation out. or a young man that's bi. or a young man that was aroused with a friend so why not?

M.
I undederstand the shades of gray in such situations. Not all do.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I can't help it, I really like this show! They need to promote this more, the initial debate was good for garnering interest but I don't think it got the kind of attention it deserved. I'm enjoying every minute of it :)

·
Beardy
38,991 Posts
dtle said:
And are gay guys really able to "get it up" with women?
When someone has not yet fully come out, they'll do a lot to keep their cover from being blown. This kid has come out to his immediate family, but he's not yet ready to face the larger world with the truth about himself.

Talk about a powerful family. The father is the head bishop, with one son being Senator and other being a prominent priest.
Is he really the Presiding Bishop? I was under the impression he was a retired diocesan bishop -- the current bishop's predecessor.

Note: there's a synopsis of the "skipped" episode on the NBC website. http://www.nbc.com/The_Book_of_Daniel/

·
New Yorker no more
18 Posts
dswallow said:
I think the characters are developing well and storylines are progressing nicely. It's a fun show with a lot of interesting family relationship stories. As soon as the mob guy showed up worried about how Daniel thought he was gay, I knew where that storyline was going. Still, it's fun to see it develop more, especially with the mob guys' brother now being a target of interest by his sister in law.

It's one of the more enjoyable shows on the networks right now.
I agree completely. I am very glad I recorded the pilot and have eagerly awaited each subsequent episode.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.