TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
has gone his way...
4,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I last night did a 6 episode marithon of Fox's Bones last night.

And the show is growing on us.

Any word on it's future...

Aka, in reference to Fox's REUNION which we just deleted all the episodes off the TiVo since it has been pulled.

·
Registered
520 Posts
ebonovic said:
My wife and I last night did a 6 episode marithon of Fox's Bones last night.

And the show is growing on us.

Any word on it's future...

Aka, in reference to Fox's REUNION which we just deleted all the episodes off the TiVo since it has been pulled.
i think it is coming back....

dont get me started about reunion..i really started to like that show.....

If they pull bones i will be sooooooo pissed

·
has gone his way...
4,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
9EST?

Interesting... I guess the American Idol Results "slot" is now 8pm EST (I could have sworn it was 9pm EST)... Either way... Make sense as 24 on Monday, American Idol and House on Tuesday.... And the 10PM slot is locked out due to Local News broadcasts..

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Yeah, it was Head Cases that was cancelled, opening up the 9:00 Weds slot, plus Prison Break coming back in March that Monday opening is gone. I've also heard that Bones may move to 8:00 Weds when the preliminary American Idol stuff is over and the Weds (results) show goes to 1/2 hour, with that moving to 9:00. That was just something I read here on the forum, I don't recall a link to anything authoritative or even any link at all for that matter, so who knows. But it makes sense, IIRC AI has always shortened the Weds. show to 1/2 hour part-way through the season, correct? But wasn't it usually at 8:30?

And IIRC this show was picked up for a full season really early on. I've heard a lot of folks here (myself included) say that this show really picked up around the 4th episode, after it came back from the baseball playoffs hiatus. I had almost given up on it, but forgot to cancel the SP and figured I'd give it another chance; glad I did.

·
Premium Member
5,378 Posts
Well, I don't know that I would go that far . . . . ;)
It was hyperbole, but if you judge a show strictly by its longevity, then saying Bones is among the most successful shows of all time is hardly a stretch. When you look at the entire history of TV, how many shows have lasted 12 seasons? A couple dozen at most?

·
Registered
27,658 Posts
It was hyperbole, but if you judge a show strictly by its longevity, then saying Bones is among the most successful shows of all time is hardly a stretch. When you look at the entire history of TV, how many shows have lasted 12 seasons? A couple dozen at most?
It certainly has been around for a good length of time. I don't mean to negate that, but amazing to look at the longevity of so many shows: List of longest-running United States television series - Wikipedia.

If you just look at evening drama, I count "Bones" in the top dozen-and-a-half of shows or so.

·
Premium Member
5,378 Posts
It certainly has been around for a good length of time. I don't mean to negate that, but amazing to look at the longevity of so many shows: List of longest-running United States television series - Wikipedia.

If you just look at evening drama, I count "Bones" in the top dozen-and-a-half of shows or so.
Interesting list. I was definitely thinking specifically about prime time scripted shows when declaring it among the longest running. Obviously, it can't compete with news shows and talk shows that have been on for decades.

Edit: This list more accurately reflects where Bones stands in the pantheon of prime time scripted TV:

List of longest-running scripted U.S. primetime television series - Wikipedia

Surprisingly, I wasn't that far off when I guessed that there were only a coupled dozen shows that have lasted that long. :)

·
Registered
27,658 Posts
Interesting list. I was definitely thinking specifically about your standard prime time scripted shows when declaring it among the longest running. Obviously, it can't compete with news shows and talk shows that have been on for decades.
Yep, that's why I didn't hold them against you. ;)

But I'm so amazed that so many shows have lasted that long--and also, candidly, that "Bones" is up there as well. My guess is, being on Fox helped. I watch the show every now-and-again (I just have fallen out of the habit--but still have a Season Pass) and still find its creativity and acting fresh, and especially appreciate Emily Deschanel's quirky and yet nuanced character/acting--I don't think that she's received the credit that's been due (apart from a nice job and pay, of course).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.