TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a very frustrating problem. Sometimes, not always, when watching live TV my Bolt+ and attached Minis will not pause or backup. I can switch channels and do everything ELSE, but can't pause or "rewind". Later in the same day, it's back to normal function. I haven't yet found a pattern to this behavior but it's extremely frustrating. Has anyone else seen this?

Note: if watching previously recorded material, this does NOT happen ever.

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow, that's it. Weird that it works, but thank you very much. Would love to know what CAUSES it. I can't say for certain but it seems like it started when that pre-roll ad crap stated. Thanks.

· Registered
191 Posts
Something similar just started happening on my Bolt +. Using hydra, pre-roll ad starts and I press fast forward. This skips pre-roll ad and starts the beginning of my recorded program. In the last several days pressing any button on TiVo remote (with old or new batteries) immediately after pre-roll ad has no effect on the TiVo. 3-5 seconds into my recorded program the TiVo starts responding to remote inputs again. Restarting box/resetting tuning adapter/power recycle have no effect. I find this frustrating because sometime I want to fast forward when a recording begins to skip intros.

Haven't experienced this particular issue before though I am on my 4th Bolt in 2.5 years after 3 other hard drive or power supply failures. Still looking for an explanation. Is it software/firmware change or another failing box?

· Registered
86 Posts
I have see a very similar
Something similar just started happening on my Bolt +. Using hydra, pre-roll ad starts and I press fast forward. This skips pre-roll ad and starts the beginning of my recorded program. In the last several days pressing any button on TiVo remote (with old or new batteries) immediately after pre-roll ad has no effect on the TiVo. 3-5 seconds into my recorded program the TiVo starts responding to remote inputs again. Restarting box/resetting tuning adapter/power recycle have no effect. I find this frustrating because sometime I want to fast forward when a recording begins to skip intros.

Haven't experienced this particular issue before though I am on my 4th Bolt in 2.5 years after 3 other hard drive or power supply failures. Still looking for an explanation. Is it software/firmware change or another failing box?
I have a very frustrating problem. Sometimes, not always, when watching live TV my Bolt+ and attached Minis will not pause or backup. I can switch channels and do everything ELSE, but can't pause or "rewind". Later in the same day, it's back to normal function. I haven't yet found a pattern to this behavior but it's extremely frustrating. Has anyone else seen this?

Note: if watching previously recorded material, this does NOT happen ever.
Same here on the Bolt. So my prior suspicion was that it might be due to interference coming from a Roku command sent by me to a TCL (Ruku based) TV. No one else has expressed any such hook up so I am inclined to figure it is a S/W bug in the latest release. As happens more often nowadays, I don't understand what I know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.