TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a renewed Tivo Bolt 500GB from 2019 that has been having tuner signal issues on one of its tuners for almost a year. It seems to only affect a single tuner and started out with some recording getting static but now it just doesn't record certain shows due to "No Signal". When I cycle through the tuners, the one tuner shows a blank screen with V53 error.

I have found that by radially pushing on the COAX connector on the back, I can get the signal back. This makes me think it's a physical issue and not just a dead tuner. The solder connection for the coax seems pretty seems solid so I'm not sure what else to diagnose. Any ideas?
Passive circuit component Circuit component Blue Hardware programmer Electronic engineering

· Contentious Member
245 Posts
What do you mean when you say you "radially" push on the COAX connector. To me, pushing radially would mean twisting the connector. Is that what you're doing, or are you pushing the connector toward the Bolt, or are you pushing the connector left/right in relation to the Bot, or am I missing something?

Visual inspection of solder connections isn't very reliable. You could try heating up the connections with a soldering iron, and maybe adding a little solder.

I have a Roamio Basic that had an intermittent issue where it would not record programs and list the issue as "No Signal", as well as sometimes just show a gray screen when trying to tune to a new channel. I never debugged the issue enough to discern whether it was always a particular tuner or not. Then one day the Roamio wouldn't boot up and instead blinked all its lights. I solved the boot problem by replacing the original external 2A power supply with a 5A power supply. That was 1.5 years ago, and I haven't had a single "No Signal" missed recording nor a single gray screen when tuning a channel.

· Registered
220 Posts
If it is only one tuner that is having this issue, then the coax connector (both the centre pin and the outside ground connection) should be fine. If it was all the tuners having the issue, then maybe the coax connection. A magnifying glass for inspection may find a cracked solder connection or broken part.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts