TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the middle of watching a show tonight my Bolt Vox lost HDMI connection and TV said no signal. I did a reboot and the Tivo screen appears and then nothing and TV reports no HDMI connection. I tried to do a Kickstart diagnoses of the hard drive but no HDMI signal after the initial boot screen.

OK I said. I have another inactive bolt and decided to swap hard drives. This only got me into a boot loop with the Tivo start up screen flashing on and off.
Swapped the hard drives back and decided I would go ahead and reactivate the good Tivo. I go into my Tivo account and it shows I have no active or inactive devices??
(I have the two bolts (one lifetime and one not) and two active minis. Website shows my service history.

I put in the serial number of the inactive Bolt and the web site says not valid??

I guess I am done until morning with an unhappy wife.

I will have to call them in the AM.

Does this sound like a bad HDMI connector or maybe power supply?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spent the day trying the suggestions in this thread without success.

Got Tivo to reactivate my other Bolt. Tried to ask for a discount with no luck. It has taken me most of the day to get it set up properly. It was on TE4 so I had to update the TE3 mini's and won't be able to go back. :(
The one with the issues (with lifetime) is on it way to Weaknees for diagnosis and possible repair. It will probably be worth it.

So strange that the newer Edge OTA is only available with two tuners and won't work with Minis.

I looked into Tablo and Amazon for a newer DVR solution but not really wanting to give up my TiVO's quite yet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts