TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
wait.. I did what?
15,150 Posts
As long as the bolt is not a Ota only bolt.
In that case you are stuck with te4.
That is not the case, if you can take the time to post a wall of double spaced text, please take a minute and review things before you say them.
There are several unique OTA SKUs on the Bolt that can not be downgraded to TE3, but it is in no way ALL of the Bolt OTAs

·
wait.. I did what?
15,150 Posts
From this list of TiVo model numbers, there is only ONE Bolt Antenna only model, the TCD849500. There is no Bolt Vox Antenna Only version. And there is this statement from TiVo_Ted; "BOLT OTA only supports TE4, and was only manufactured and tested with TE4. There is no way to downgrade to TE3."
I'm sure I've seen a cross reference chart showing a Bolt OTA taking a TE3 downgrade, but since I can't find it, I can't back it up at this time, I'll take the hit on that.

·
wait.. I did what?
15,150 Posts
I am posting the link from the forum that pl1 posted from the how to downgrade a romio and mini from. Hydra he cleared that up for me in 2021.

That's why I am posting links to other forums.

As the goal is to help others and learn not criticize as their are times I learned too.

Now if you want to debate him that's on you.

Here is the pdf pl1 posted in September 2021

On the forum how to rollback a romio and mini from hydra

I have yet to understand your random posting style, I’m more than familiar with all your reference, you could have simply replied with “we all make mistakes“ and that would have covered things, and no tools are required to replace a suitable capacity drive in a roamio or higher machine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts