TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
In the middle of watching a show tonight my Bolt Vox lost HDMI connection and TV said no signal. I did a reboot and the Tivo screen appears and then nothing and TV reports no HDMI connection. I tried to do a Kickstart diagnoses of the hard drive but no HDMI signal after the initial boot screen.

OK I said. I have another inactive bolt and decided to swap hard drives. This only got me into a boot loop with the Tivo start up screen flashing on and off.
Swapped the hard drives back and decided I would go ahead and reactivate the good Tivo. I go into my Tivo account and it shows I have no active or inactive devices??
(I have the two bolts (one lifetime and one not) and two active minis. Website shows my service history.

I put in the serial number of the inactive Bolt and the web site says not valid??

I guess I am done until morning with an unhappy wife.

I will have to call them in the AM.

Does this sound like a bad HDMI connector or maybe power supply?
You know if you swap drives around in Bolts you will lose everything on both drives correct? Anyway that's done now, but if you want to try the drive from the other Bolt again, make sure you blank/format it first. It still has software on it from the other Bolt so is probably "confused", the flash drive on the motherboard not sure what to do with it. Since swapping around drives you are pretty much starting fresh at this point, just format the drive from the second Bolt, put it in the Bolt with the "problem" and see what happens. Also do try the power supply from the second Bolt, they can go partially bad over time, provide some power but not enough.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Got Tivo to reactivate my other Bolt. Tried to ask for a discount with no luck. It has taken me most of the day to get it set up properly. It was on TE4 so I had to update the TE3 mini's and won't be able to go back. :(
The one with the issues (with lifetime) is on it way to Weaknees for diagnosis and possible repair. It will probably be worth it.
Good luck. You say you tried some of the recommendations, what specifically? Did you blank the drive that was in the monthly Bolt and try it again in the problem Bolt? First time you swapped in a drive with TE4 software on it into a TE3 machine, that could be why it didn't work, got the flashing lights. Anyway will be interested in what WK finds and how much they will charge to fix if can be fixed.

You should be able to go back to TE3 on your monthly Bolt and the Minis (well someone mentions a downgrade bug with Minis, I know nothing about that). Monthly Bolt should be no problem though. But will lose all recordings/settings. However since pretty much starting fresh should not matter. I'd do ASAP if you prefer TE3.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts