TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Spent the day trying the suggestions in this thread without success.

Got Tivo to reactivate my other Bolt. Tried to ask for a discount with no luck. It has taken me most of the day to get it set up properly. It was on TE4 so I had to update the TE3 mini's and won't be able to go back. :(
The one with the issues (with lifetime) is on it way to Weaknees for diagnosis and possible repair. It will probably be worth it.

So strange that the newer Edge OTA is only available with two tuners and won't work with Minis.

I looked into Tablo and Amazon for a newer DVR solution but not really wanting to give up my TiVO's quite yet.
Two things here, you CAN go back to TE3 with the Bolt. New Bolt - downgrade to HD interface? But, you do wipe out everything, but I'm pretty certain it retains the cableCARD settings.
Also, even though TiVo says that the mini requires 4 tuners, there are many reports of the 2 tuner Edge working with the minis.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
That is not the case, if you can take the time to post a wall of double spaced text, please take a minute and review things before you say them.
There are several unique OTA SKUs on the Bolt that can not be downgraded to TE3, but it is in no way ALL of the Bolt OTAs
From this list of TiVo model numbers, there is only ONE Bolt Antenna only model, the TCD849500. There is no Bolt Vox Antenna Only version. And there is this statement from TiVo_Ted; "BOLT OTA only supports TE4, and was only manufactured and tested with TE4. There is no way to downgrade to TE3."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts