TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, just bought a TiVo Bolt and 2 minis. I didn’t realize until today that minis had to be hardwired (via Ethernet or MoCA). Neither of those are are options for me.

I’ve read about the usb wireless adapters that Tivo is releasing in a couple of months. This will solve my problem.

I went to buy a wireless bridge to try and use that while I wait for the new USB TiVo connector.

I saw the Eero at Best Buy and had other reasons to upgrade my wireless router. I also saw that the Eero devices all have Ethernet ports that I could plug the minis into.

Has anyone else tried this? I’ve read that some have had trouble several months ago with eero and TiVo but nothing lately. I can’t fins anyone who is plugging a Mini directly into an Eero.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

·
in the other Alabama
20,955 Posts
What's the model of your router? Buying a wireless bridge is a waste of money if you have an old 802.11n (or worse) router. I use two Mini boxes which plug into wireless bridges and use two different hosts. One host also uses a wireless bridge. Much depends on your physical environment. But without a really good router you may be wasting your time and money. I'm waiting for the TiVo bridge. I hope it make many people happy. BTW, most wireless extenders can be used as bridges.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks for the help!!! I’m going to try it and report back. I found some things on Reddit and Erro’s sited about some issues that was ~6 months ago. It appeared to be firmware upgrade issues on the eero that they quickly fixed through tech support.

And if it doesn’t work, I can take the router back. Hope I can get all this to work to get rid of direct tv and the genie technology that is expensive and buggy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another update -

We have had the Tivo with eero mesh network and a spectrum cable card for about 3 months.

No problems whatsoever. I have TiVo bolt and two minis. The network has fantastic range and well worth the investment I made.

If anyone wants a schematic or more info, feel free to reach out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.