TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am thinking of cutting the cable and replacing it with OTA TV plus one of the streaming services. I thought I would get the Roamio OTA but, since I will want TV to about 4 TVs and be able to stream to iPads, I would need to add a Tivo Stream and a Bridge (to connect the Minis via coax). Am I correct in thinking that the Bolt already contains a Stream and a Bridge?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Hi all,

Am I correct in thinking that the Bolt already contains a Stream and a Bridge?

Thanks.
That is correct. MoCa Bridge and Stream is built in Bolt.

Having said this, you may want to consider the long term cost. Buying the MoCA bridge and the Stream is an one-time cost with Roamio. If you buy the 1 TB Roamio OTA (currently heavily discounted on Amazon for about $314 from $400), service is included. With Bolt, you will have to pay monthly or annual fees. All-in with Bolt is $550 extra. Not worth it IMHO

·
Registered
230 Posts
That is correct. MoCa Bridge and Stream is built in Bolt.

Having said this, you may want to consider the long term cost. Buying the MoCA bridge and the Stream is an one-time cost with Roamio. If you buy the 1 TB Roamio OTA (currently heavily discounted on Amazon for about $314 from $400), service is included. With Bolt, you will have to pay monthly or annual fees. All-in with Bolt is $550 extra. Not worth it IMHO
I wish the Roamio HD + Stream was still available on the cheap(er) like the OTA - I think I'm going to have to go w/ a Bolt + Lifetime because I have to move pretty frequently (every couple years) and some places have great OTA and some not (so need cablecard).

·
Registered
219 Posts
I went bolt all in for all the reasons mentioned. I will subscribe to cable on and off. I can just grab a cable card from the Xfinity store as needed. I am about to disconnect again at the eve of this cycle. Netflix is also usable on the bolt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.