TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bolt keeps rebooting after about 15mins... No matter what.. re-did guide setup.. put new fans on the unit to keep cool.. temp around 47... Software 21.11.1.v5... any ideas on fixing? I was hoping to try to reload software to correct it but unsure on how.. do I wait to another version comes out to maybe correct the issue? Help

· TiVoholic by the bay
14,941 Posts
Most likely its the bad hard drive, as its most common with Bolts and their laptop 2.5 inch drives.

Reactions: cwerdna and brobin

· Proud Tivolutionary
17,297 Posts
What image? If you just have a blank drive, once it's attached, the software is (downloaded?) and installed. I've done this several times already w/blank drives and in one case, a drive w/data I no longer cared about (which I used for testing purposes).

What's the model # of the drive(s) you're using?

· I get paid 2watch TV
6,210 Posts
Try a new power supply, stock one is barely capable of providing enough amps to power things, and degrades over time.
12 volt, 4 amp or more.
Also check temperature if possible before it boots, may need to make things cooler inside.
I've had my Bolt (and Roamio's) sitting on laptop chiller pads for ages, one of my Roamio's even has the internal fan unplugged as it was quite noisy.

· Registered
32 Posts
I am having same issue. My Bolt Vox3TB has worked great. Now it stays on for about 5 to 8 minutes and reboots. I do have 9 Mini's going through it. But, I have totally disconnect everything from the system and same problem, it reboots. It is in a cool area, even sitting on small pieces of wood it insure good ventilation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.