TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Tivo Bolt for cable started continually rebooting on 7/4. I have 2 of these yet only 1 of them was doing it. After many diagnoses, I realized it would only happen if the bolt was connected to the internet. If I disconnected it from the network the Bolt would not reboot. As soon as I connected the CAT5 cable it would reboot in less than 30 seconds. By default, my Bolt is connected by MOCA. I changed it to wifi same thing. CAT5 same thing. If I disconnect it from the network the Tivo works ok. I can watch live TV, play back recordings etc, it is missing logos guide data, Netflix, etc etc etc.

Yesterday I called Tivo and they said that a lot of people are having the same issue. They said they are working on it but do not know when they will have a fix. Makes me wonder how any type of updated software to fix the issue will be installed if you can't connect to the internet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tivo has asked for people to call tech support so that they know what exact models, build years, etc are having the issue. The sooner they know what seral numbers are having issues the sooner they can fix them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just called tech support and they are replacing the box with an edge under "warranty" ($149 fee but they reduced to $100, all in service is also tx) I do hope they fix the bolt though because without internet I cant move any recordings from the bolt to the edge.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am having the same issue with my TiVo Edge and it also started the evening of the 4th of July. Have a ticket opened with Tivo. More details are in the Edge section of this forum...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Same issue.
Im going to try clearing the guide data and see if it makes a difference.
If that doesnt work I'll try repeat guided setup.
worst case I'll do a factory reset.

·
Registered
11 Posts
O Holy cow..IT WORKED!!! My amber lights didn't flash in a pattern, but it worked!! I plugged in the network cable and it did not reboot, and got an IP from our server... Thank you c-collins for passing this on!! And thank you to weaknees for figuring this out!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
O Holy cow..IT WORKED!!! My amber lights didn't flash in a pattern, but it worked!! I plugged in the network cable and it did not reboot, and got an IP from our server... Thank you c-collins for passing this on!! And thank you to weaknees for figuring this out!!
Aaaand it started rebooting when it tried to connect to Tivo service...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Aaaand it started rebooting when it tried to connect to Tivo service...
I forced a connecting just now and mine is still going strong.
After the kickstart: 50, you may want to try deleting your recently deleted folder and suggestions (if its turned on). Some people suspect its related to a full drive getting the percentage pown may help fix it. That said Im at 96% full.

I played around a lot before using kickstart: 50. I had tried Kickstart codes: 51, 52, 56, 57, 58 and 59. I had also deleted guide data, and repeated guided setup. My next step was going to be a clear and delete everything luckily I didn't get there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
this worked for me. The old box is working again. Now I’ll work on transferring shows from the old to the new I guess.
thanks so much!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I forced a connecting just now and mine is still going strong.
After the kickstart: 50, you may want to try deleting your recently deleted folder and suggestions (if its turned on). Some people suspect its related to a full drive getting the percentage pown may help fix it. That said Im at 96% full.

I played around a lot before using kickstart: 50. I had tried Kickstart codes: 51, 52, 56, 57, 58 and 59. I had also deleted guide data, and repeated guided setup. My next step was going to be a clear and delete everything luckily I didn't get there.
Today I watched very carefully, and the two outside lights (green and red??) blinked in that desired sequence after I entered the 50 code, and it took me to a guided setup. It works great right now! What a couple of weeks!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts