TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,744 Posts
Thanks for the input! Considering the Purple WD40PURZ. Also considering throwing in the towel and buying a Weaknees external/internal conversion but it is pricey considering the hardware costs. Too many projects not finished and this seems like it will become a blackhole for time! If I do this I suppose the latest MSF tools is available at Sourceforge.
I wouldn't go with Weaknees. That's expensive and costly. Spend an hour opening the box and connecting a 3.5" drive via a sata cable.

·
Registered
7,744 Posts
Wow! I did not understand that from the threads I saw that TE4 formats the new drive up to 14 TB, probably because people were trying to copy content to larger drives and the focus was on that. I can get around copying directly to the new drive by using the Roamio as a bridge to move content from my PC via Tivo Desktop to my Roamio and then transfer to the Bolt. That's only computer time, not mine. The TE4 doing the formatting is certainly a horse of a different color. Thanks for setting me straight on this. Your right, this becomes an hour or so. By the way, I have not opened the Bolt. Does I need a standard motherboard to SATA HD cable like in a PC or is there a different connector to the MB in the Bolt? Also, I understand the TE4 eliminated the PC to Bolt "publishing" feature which is one of the reasons I want to blow out the storage on the Bolt. Do you know a way to directly upload content from the PC to the BOLT TE4? I did not see a way using KTMTTG or pyTivo. Thanks again!
It's a standard SATA cable. I use a bare 3.5" drive with it's own power supply and a MOLEX connector brick to the drive. I did use a 18" right angle SATA cable. I forget why the right angle.

Not positive about the power supply, but I think it is something like this. All pics from eBay.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.