TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I with no CableCard install a Bolt VOX, do guided set-up and a 'roll-back' to TE3 with no problems. I've asked in a CHAT and was told do both at once and wait. The bolt is AISP and already activated through the 'Summer Sale'. The support channels Tivo.com are a struggle at best and telephone conversation with Tivo isn't an option.

Anyone for any reason ever done it???

CableCARD pairing for me isn't a 'simple' phone call!

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just did that yesterday with a 6 tuner Bolt that I'm not using right now, so no cablecard installed. No issues at all.
Thank-you!

Guided 'set-up' and a roll back to TE3? Is it still on line and and have you maybe moved DVR events to and from? What other TiVo hardware do you have on your network?

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Yes, I used the guided set-up 2 thumbs down 2 rewind rollback procedure.
It forced 2 'UPDATES' before it would even go to the HOME SCREEN. I did what seemed appropriate and then paid no attention to menu options and did the 2 thumbs, 2 rewind. That of course wasn't displayed as options!!! AT 9:00 it said your TiVo box is downgrading. It mentions it can be 1 hour and then a repeat of Guided Setup.

Guess I'll go watch some football 'Skins lose I hope and I'll see what I'm presented with. Nothing recorded so I'd like to think 'PRE-ROLL' ain't there - might it NOT let me 'ROLL-BACK' since it did a 'pair' of UPDATES 1st? Find out!!! Be back!

Maybe no M-Card is a +!!

Checked at 9:50 and all seems well!

Software Version: 20.7.4.RC42-USC-11-849 PLS

'Skins have had an 'excellent 1st half' GO SKINS!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.