TiVo Community Forum banner
241 - 260 of 279 Posts

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I don't even remember how Bob's mom reacted to Abishola but judging from her comments about Douglas' "Mexican" girlfriend probably not too well.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I ran out of half hour episodes to watch so if I had only a half hour and didn't want to watch half of something, the only thing left on the Edge was "The Moodys". Okay, I'm not really that desperate. I still have a bunch of "World's Funniest Animals" and "Would I Lie to You" and I'm dreading those even more but they will have to watched. But, wow, "The Moodys" is bad.

However, the Ghanian nanny is quite appealing (more so than Abishola) and her employer, a middle-aged successful white businessman, is falling for her (sounds familiar). Whether this will lead to anything depends on whether the show is renewed.

·
Well-Known Raconteur
19,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #245 ·
* Bob Hearts Abishola has promoted Saidah Arrika Ekulona (aka Abishola’s mother Ebunoluwa) to series regular for Season 4 (premiering Monday, Sept. 19 on CBS), our sister site Deadline reports.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I'm slowly getting caught up. Too much computer time. Now I've seen the premiere.

I really like Bob's father and I wish they could make him a regular, but maybe that was just for the one episode.

At the hot dog place, it was like "Quantum Leap". Although this week no one asked Ben who he was talking to either.

I like that Bob is essentially retiring and putting Goodwin in charge. I especially like how Goodwin was in need of a job but didn't let Bob know that. How did that company go from growing so much to laying off people?

I saw Gloria in a commercial but I don't even remember for what. I just know she was good in it. She had an attitude and I think the other man was supposed to be her husband.

·
Premium Member
16,568 Posts
I've always liked Gardell, and I really like the actor who plays Abishola. But one of the side bits about the show that I really like is Vernee Watson, once again, playing a nurse. I really like her portrayals and have wondered if she really was a nurse since she's played one so many times and so well.

As for Abishola's mother - eh, a little goes a long way.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I've always liked Gardell, and I really like the actor who plays Abishola. But one of the side bits about the show that I really like is Vernee Watson, once again, playing a nurse. I really like her portrayals and have wondered if she really was a nurse since she's played one so many times and so well.

As for Abishola's mother - eh, a little goes a long way.
Gardell was on "Mike and Molly" and I really liked him there.

I've seen Watson in so many roles. One newspaper article said she was on "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air". That's not the series you list when trying to say what she is famous for. She was Will Smith's mom in a few episodes, but by no means the star.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I watched the wrong episode. Apparently I was remembering incorrectly what happened in last season's finale.

But I watched the right episode if I wanted to be entertained. The first one just wasn't that good, at least to me. I did like seeing Bob visit Goodwin (why was the in the basement?). But all that stuff happening at the church did not work for me. Are there any good moral Christians on TV?

We used to have food before Sunday School, when we had Sunday School. We're going to go back to having that. It has been a while since we ate after church but even before the pandemic it didn't happen that often.

I never thought about what type of wine was used for Communion. We had it yesterday but we have grape juice.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
At the time I went to bed Bob and Abishola were on his boat. I'll finish later.

Another good episode so far but it's starting to look like the company is missing something by not having Bob and Dottie. I had forgotten, if it was ever mentioned, that Max and Dot were the funders of the company and that's where it got its name.

I also want to know if you can buy those socks. Also, what happened to the bad ones? 30 years ago, I think a company called Big Lots would have sold them. Now, Big Lots is no longer a store with different merchandise every week, but a conventional big box type store.

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
Gardell was on "Mike and Molly" and I really liked him there.

I've seen Watson in so many roles. One newspaper article said she was on "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air". That's not the series you list when trying to say what she is famous for. She was Will Smith's mom in a few episodes, but by no means the star.

Watson has a long acting Resume.Dating back to Welcome Back Kotter! yes, I'm that old! I have always loved her roles. She even played on General Hospital!

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Watson has a long acting Resume.Dating back to Welcome Back Kotter! yes, I'm that old! I have always loved her roles. She even played on General Hospital!
I don't remember her on "Welcome Back Kotter" but I may have said here that she was on "Carter Country" as the intelligent secretary to the mayor. It was a show set in the South where all the white people were idiots and the only smart people were her and her Black boyfriend who moved from up north to be the only police officer with any intelligence.

Only one of the white people was actually racist. They had to have a stereotype,

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I saw the rest of the episode and for the first time in a while, I actually enjoyed it when Abishola was uptight and bickering with Bob.

I froze the story about Goodwin. Wow. Not objective at all, and not the truth.

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
I don't remember her on "Welcome Back Kotter" but I may have said here that she was on "Carter Country" as the intelligent secretary to the mayor. It was a show set in the South where all the white people were idiots and the only smart people were her and her Black boyfriend who moved from up north to be the only police officer with any intelligence.

Only one of the white people was actually racist. They had to have a stereotype,
I grew up watching Carter Country!! LOL. In welcome Back Carter, she was Freddie Washington's girlfriend!

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I grew up watching Carter Country!! LOL. In welcome Back Carter, she was Freddie Washington's girlfriend!
Oh, wait, I think I remember that.

I was the one who in high school would say things like "Hi there" and "OOO! OOO! OOO!" and "Heh. Heh, Heh."

·
Premium Member
16,568 Posts
Yes! Being so used to seeing her in roles as a mature adult, I was surprised when I started watching Kotter not long ago and seeing her as one of the high school students! Kotter was playing on the Antenna channel for a while, on week days at least, and they just recently replaced it with Family Ties in those two mid-afternoon slots.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Yes! Being so used to seeing her in roles as a mature adult, I was surprised when I started watching Kotter not long ago and seeing her as one of the high school students! Kotter was playing on the Antenna channel for a while, on week days at least, and they just recently replaced it with Family Ties in those two mid-afternoon slots.
On that show they all looked like adults.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I continue to enjoy Abishola's attitude. Things are different now. But it's starting to look like Bob and Christina will go back to work.

What I liked best about the episode was seeing Al of "United States of Al". I was hoping he'd become a regular. I saw him on the comedy "Aliens in America" as an exchange student who had trouble adjusting to America. Then he was the assistant Daid spade abused in "Rules of Engagement". The last two seasons he was an immigrant who had served with Americans fighting in Afghanistan and was able to come to the U.S. to live with one of the soldiers and make the adjustment to American life, but that was cancelled.

I think Christina should have been able to keep her job but it was an opportunity to come back to MaxDot. And to annoy those at the hospital.

241 - 260 of 279 Posts