TiVo Community Forum banner
221 - 240 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Not to get pedantic but the word factory also includes assembly. If they package the socks (maybe even add labels), they are still a factory. That would also include making sock bundles into packages.
A couple of weeks ago, though, they called it a warehouse.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I got started too late watching TV to have time to watch, but I did see "The Neighborhood" where Kemi appeared as a wedding planner.

And the bride's family and the groom wore Nigerian costumes. They were beautiful.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
I can't believe the company gives a bonus to the daughter who doesn't even pretend to work there anymore and nothing to the guy who's running the place. I don't think they can write that off as an expense. Love that Bob can't retire ever because Abishola will never approve. :)

·
Well-Known Raconteur
17,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #227 ·
I was unhappy with that entire scene. First, why is Dottie doing it, and not Bob? That's a president's duty (and delight). Then the question you raise, why Christina? The only money she should get would be distributions to owners, and this wasn't presented as that. And the way Goodwin was overlooked 😒. And that demeaning bird peck they had to do 😩. The whole scenario was belittling, and left a sour taste in my mouth. There was nothing sitcom funny about it.

I can't remember if Dottie still controls the company, or what Bob's share is. If it's Dottie, Bob should make a move. If it's Bob, Bob should make a move.

Yes, I realize they did it to set up the final scene where Goodwin moves to Christina's company, but it was a piss-poor (IMHO) way to do it.

·
Premium Member
11,924 Posts
I was unhappy with that entire scene. First, why is Dottie doing it, and not Bob?
Only she could set up the momma bird joke.

I wish that actress would get in a situation where she sings again. I think she only belted a few notes in one episode the first season.

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
Christina: she wasn’t gone a year and the money was an annual bonus.

Mom: technically she still controls the company. We’ve seen that before as when she demoted her son.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Shame on them for not promoting Goodwin or doing something else to keep him at the company.

Is there a single TV pastor on a scripted show who isn't accused of some sin?

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Something weird happened last night. I double checked to make sure the episodes were reruns and it said on screen everyone was having their season finales.

After a few minutes I was sure I had seen "The Neighborhood". I also double checked this show and it's a good thing I did because I found out "Let's Make a Deal" and "The Price Is Right" will be on. I only watch those in prime time.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Guide data!!!!
I'm not sure where I posted this, but I did say it's easier to set it for a manual recording than to figure out how to use guide data. And even then I have to have a reason. Usually that reason is an ad for the show I want to record.

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
I'm not sure where I posted this, but I did say it's easier to set it for a manual recording than to figure out how to use guide data. And even then I have to have a reason. Usually that reason is an ad for the show I want to record.
Every other TiVo owner would disagree with your first statement. Select and click. Done. Manual recordings are laborious and error prone.

·
Well-Known Raconteur
17,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #237 ·
it's easier to set it for a manual recording than to figure out how to use guide data.
Say WHAT?!? I haven't set a manual recording in years. The guide ain't perfect, but it's 99% good enough for my shows. Maybe 99.9%. I can't remember the last time the guide screwed up. Most of my issues come from network interruptions (does Biden always have to speak during Jeopardy?), or sports overruns. Neither of which a manual recoding would handle.

The guide tends to over-record (ie, it didn't know a show was a repeat), rather than miss a recording.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Say WHAT?!? I haven't set a manual recording in years. The guide ain't perfect, but it's 99% good enough for my shows. Maybe 99.9%. I can't remember the last time the guide screwed up. Most of my issues come from network interruptions (does Biden always have to speak during Jeopardy?), or sports overruns. Neither of which a manual recoding would handle.

The guide tends to over-record (ie, it didn't know a show was a repeat), rather than miss a recording.
It's not a matter of how good it is. It was fine on the Roamio. It's easier to do a manual recording with the Edge.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Every other TiVo owner would disagree with your first statement. Select and click. Done. Manual recordings are laborious and error prone.
Roamio owners would. I did use the Roamio's guide, before the cable guy made the connection to my Edge such that I couldn't remove it. I've never had a reason to move the Roamio to the other room. I never figured out how to use the guide on the Edge and don't intend to.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I think this is the show.

I saw an ad for school supplies for children. There were five colors of markers, four of which were used in the Bic 4-color pen. I had one in the 80s. And someone on this show used it at some point in the season. I meant to post here when I saw it.

221 - 240 of 243 Posts