TiVo Community Forum banner
201 - 220 of 243 Posts

·
Well-Known Raconteur
17,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #203 ·
Wait--the sox are all made in China??? They don't do anything but send them out?
They design/engineer them, They create all the specs (material, etc). They find someone to manuf them. They order them. They stock them, market them, sell them, ship them. And they employ dozens of people to do this.

They do everything BUT make them.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Wait--the sox are all made in China??? They don't do anything but send them out?
When did they say that?

I did notice on at least one episode that was called a warehouse, not a factory.

I'm curious what that building is in real life.

Also, those large letters explaining whether we are seeing the new episode after being told what happened previously, or when it is later or the next day, were used in another show I watched.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I haven't seen the entire episode because that would have meant staying up until almost midnight. And I only watched what I did because some of my other shows were reruns and the superhero shows got too dark.

Tunde likes rap? I was so hoping a man his age would teach Dele about real music.

I thought we knew Abishola's mom was feeling unappreciated by her husband but maybe Abishola didn't know.

So far it's another good episode.

But thinner Bob just doesn't seem likable. I'm seeing that face and he just looks cranky.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
One more comment I remembered. It was about showing breasts. My reaction to that is yes, to get rid of someone undesirable is a good reason. What excuse did Tracee Ellis-Ross, the Williams sisters and too many other women at the Oscars have?

·
Well-Known Raconteur
17,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #208 ·
One more comment I remembered. It was about showing breasts. My reaction to that is yes, to get rid of someone undesirable is a good reason. What excuse did Tracee Ellis-Ross, the Williams sisters and too many other women at the Oscars have?
As I'm reading this comment, I was desperately trying to remember when breasts came up in this week's episode. Then I made it to the end of your comment. 😁

Here, I'll save you hunting the link...

·
Registered
3,522 Posts

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
The show has gotten good again, but Abishola's mom is missing and maybe that's it.

Melissa McCarthy, who was Bob's wife on "Mike and Molly", also appears to have lost weight.

I had no idea Kemi had done so much for Abishola and she won't let her forget it.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
This is something I hadn't thought about. Today is the birthday of Nyambi Nyambi, who is Nigerian and was the waiter at Mike's favorite place to eat on "Mike and Molly". Mike is now Bob.

The waiter's name, like Abishola's uncle, was Babatunde, but he went by Samuel.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I don't care for anything where the focus is Bob's family, but it was nice to see Abishola and Kemi with Gloria this week. They have an interesting relationship.

·
Registered
26,307 Posts
Finally started watching this show regularly.. IIRC I watched an ep or two of the first season.. and wrongly thought CBS All Access (now Paramount+) had all eps of all shows (unlike most shows available on Hulu).. Oops nope.. so just started with the current season.. (I have SD downloads of at least most of the previous episodes.. but may just wait until it shows up on some streaming service I like to catch up..)

It's not hilarious, but is a light/amusing show to watch a couple of eps while walking on the treadmill at the fitness center.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
If the socks are made in China, why did the episode twice refer to the "factory"? And once again, Bob argued with the man in charge of making the socks.

I had an experience similar to the pharmacist's mother. It was an icy sidewalk and there were people around, and I had to have pins put in my hip. I didn't get to go home that quickly because there was no one to take care of me. I had one relative who was already taking care of another relative after similar surgery. And a doctor has told me that although it wasn't likely, I need to have the surgery she had. After seeing the last episode, I'm even less likely to want to go through with it.

Reactions: stellie93

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
If the socks are made in China, why did the episode twice refer to the "factory"? And once again, Bob argued with the man in charge of making the socks.
When they started, they probably made the socks locally then outsourced as they grew. So, calling the building the factory would be habit.

Besides, Douglas manufacturers boxes out of flat cardboard.

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
Not to get pedantic but the word factory also includes assembly. If they package the socks (maybe even add labels), they are still a factory. That would also include making sock bundles into packages.

201 - 220 of 243 Posts