TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

· Registered
4,310 Posts
It could've been a show about Abishola, her family and friends, and Abishola juggling her work, family, and social life. Without Bob as the constant.
I agree with this. I can't see Bob as her romantic partner. It's too late to change who he is, but my feeling is he should have been the doctor that appeared in every episode, and nothing more. Same personality.

· Registered
4,310 Posts
I am probably weird, but I am uncomfortable when people play parts that require them to act like they've had a stroke, or are mentally disabled.
So for that, this episode was not as good as the previous ones.
In my case, that's the one thing that makes me able to watch Bob's mother.

· Registered
4,310 Posts
I think Bob is great. But I have a long history with the actor since he played Mike.

It's Bob's family that needs to go. All the Africans I like.

But I've had it up to here with a romance that seems likely never to happen. I know there have been many romances that seemed impossible, mainly in movies, but you just knew they would end up together. I'm not seeing it here.

And the way Abishola is pushing her son is just not pleasant for me to watch. It can be funny, but something about it just isn't working for me.

· Registered
4,310 Posts
They brought Carrie Fisher back to life. Avatar wasn't real. Nor was Gollum. Of course they can put a face on a body to fake a stunt. The only question is do they want to spend the time/money. I used Jib Jab to show the technology is pretty pervasive.
Someone definitely did it to Sam Elliott. And the movement of "his" legs was too symmetrical to be real, aside from not being possible for a human.

· Registered
4,310 Posts
What is Abishola doing at Bob's workplace? Doesn't she have a job?

One theory is that since nurses are needed at all times, perhaps she took the day off to take care of Bob's mom. And mess up his life. There's no way these two are going to end up together.

· Registered
4,310 Posts
Same reason why doctors from Africa work in gas stations. In this case, Bob didn't know.
Well, he finally did speak up. He should have said something earlier.

On "Sunnyside" a doctor drove a cab. I've forgotten which country in Africa he was from. He did practice medicine in some episodes of the series, hoping he wouldn't get caught, but his patients had no other options.

· Registered
4,310 Posts
I feel like I missed an episode. It doesn't seem like Bob and Abishola are far enough along for what happened last night.

Also, Abishola looks really strange jumping up and down. It doesn't fit her personality.

And while she wasn't this way to Bob, I was not surprised when the American nurse told her what people were saying about her.

· Registered
4,310 Posts
Although I could be remembering it wrong. But I sure don't remember her being that uptight.

Now if there is supposed to be a romance, Queen Lulu from last night's "God Friended Me" would be a better candidate in my view.

· Registered
4,310 Posts
CBS promotes this show using a photo where Abishola has short hair and even her face looks different. She did one of the African American History Month lessons looking like that. Their history is our history, she says. Well, technically not since she apparently came from Africa, but she's American now.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts