TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
13,218 Posts
They made Bob look too old. Made it feel a bit creepy.

BTW, there are 16 years difference between Bob and his mom in real life. And, I think, the same with his daughter.

I like the people. Need to adjust the humor a bit.

·
Registered
13,218 Posts
It wouldn't surprise me if that was the original idea of the show. But network executives nixed the idea thinking it wouldn't appeal to a large enough audience without a more conventional character to identify with. I don't know if that's true, but I do know many shows go through changes before they are broadcast.
Funny. I see it more as Lorre finding a vehicle for one of his guys.

·
Registered
13,218 Posts
I suppose I liked seeing Bob's brother actually work. But the only good thing about going to that very noisy club was the two Nigerians being funny.

I agree that Bob should have let Abishola talk. She's intelligent enough to have conversations with those business people. Actually, I didn't know she had done so much with her life until last night. Did they ever tell us?
Love the "two Nigerians."

They never told us about her background other than her marriage. They did have to cut season one short. Maybe it was going to be covered there.

·
Registered
13,218 Posts
Abishola weakened in the no sex before marriage so not a surprise.

The allusion to Jonah wasn’t necessarily part of the lesson on genesis. It was used by Chewie’s mother. No one said it was in genesis.

Finally, some people still call it a whale. There are lots of translations of the Bible. LDS teaches it as a whale to children, for example.

Finally. It’s a comedy not a documentary.

·
Registered
13,218 Posts
I hope Billy Gardell is taking care of himself. On his commercial he mentions he has lost weight. And the drug is for diabetes. I had a neighbor who looked like him, only with glasses, and he had diabetes, and his wife looked like Billy's former co-star Melissa McCarthy. I don't think they knew the show "Mike and Molly" but would have been amazed. And this neighbor moved away years ago but I would see him when we both went to the mountains at the same time. Except last year when his health problems would have surely kept him from venturing out. It was announced at church several Sundays ago he had died. I will say that when I was in their motel room for a visit, they had plenty of junk food. Billy seems to be more serious about his health and I hope he'll be around a long time.
Jesus. If being overweight and having diabetes was an immediate death sentence, the population of the United States would be drastically lower.

The drug Gardell is in is for type II. I use it. It works well. Most diabetics (even overweight ones) are mostly in control of their disease. It will probably be a contributing factor to our deaths eventually but everyone has something that will contribute to their deaths.

Such drama.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts