TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Enjoyed the first episode and set a Season Pass.

It appears to be a continuation of my absolute favorite movie, Class Action (unavailable to purchase on any streaming services).
Class Action (1991) - IMDb

The father-daughter love-hate relationship, widowed philandering father, fight against big businesses who harm the helpless, and clever courtroom antics are all very much like the movie. Why they didn't make this clearer to viewers by using the same named characters is beyond me. Could be that they would have to explain why the the law firm moved to the South.

Unfortunately, the reviews have been lukewarm. I think they should work with 20th Century Fox to push Class Action out to the popular services, and promote it as a continuation.

·
Palindromer
21,557 Posts
Didn't care for it. Too overly dramatic, too "nobody could have done it but her" nonsense, too "save the world". And what's with his hair / toupee???
Yeah... I agree... But I give the show a freshman "pass" on this... They clearly are trying too hard... The show should be much better once they relax and dial back the volume from 11... :)

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,387 Posts
Watched the first episode, and my reaction....typical courtroom / law show. Case of the week. There's nothing that interesting here and it feels like it's all been done before. I liked the twist at the end with Dad's son. That keeps in in for another week and we'll see what happens after that.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I thought it was terrible and I think the lead actress is not charismatic enough to carry a show.
I love court room drama (but really dislike Jimmy Smiths) - that said I am going to give it some time to see if it finds its pace and if the lead relaxes into the role in the next coming weeks.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I have a question. The trial begins with our heroes tearing the villain's witnesses apart. It then proceeds to the villains getting all of the hero's witnesses disqualified. Why would the defense present their case before the plaintiffs?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.