TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When changing channels on my Directv Tivo sometimes the picture goes to Black and White, and then it comes back to color after about 20-30 seconds. This doesn't happen every time, just sometimes. Is this the Tivo box going out or the TV? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
jfond said:
When changing channels on my Directv Tivo sometimes the picture goes to Black and White, and then it comes back to color after about 20-30 seconds. This doesn't happen every time, just sometimes. Is this the Tivo box going out or the TV? Thanks!
Hit yellow pause button wait 5 seconds hit again.

·
Member Since 2003
101 Posts
My Hughes SD-DVR80 is doing similar things switching from B&W to color. Almost always while in menus, it will flash black and white, then back to color. There has also been fading in and out of color and banding. I figure it's the 6.3e update. Hopefully this will be fixed with the next "upgrade."

·
Registered
130 Posts
SDVR80 with newer 140 hr Weaknees drive. I have 4 tvs on this TiVo, one wired directly and 3 backwired through my cable system (I use a bluedo rf remote on these 3). Anyway I've seen the black/white effect on them all so I doubt it's the wiring. Usually the color returns on its own - often with funny color transitions - but the pause button has also caused an instant fix.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.