TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my R10s has done something I have never heard of before. It recorded the 3:15 am airing of Hayao Miyazaki’s Princess Mononoke twice. I can view both recordings however if I pause the first recording and try to view the second recording, it starts from where I paused the first. The entire movie was recorded from my wishlist. The unit is less than one month old and was purchased from Best Buy.

I do not know if this was just a fluke or a symptom of problems with the unit. My other R10 recorded the exact same showing and had no problems.

Any feedback or advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JimSpence said:
Do you have auto recording of suggestions turned on?
I think that it could record from your wishlist and as a suggestion!
Jim,

I automatically turned suggestions off when I set up the unit. This was an auto recording from my wishlist.

tbeckner said:
Do you have your R10 connected to a UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply)?
tbeckner,

Yes. Both R10s have their own UPS.

Phantom Gremlin said:
I have previously seen double recordings in rare situations with a 1st gen SAT-T60. It's probably a subtle software race condition that TiVo hasn't been able to (or hasn't bothered to) track down.

I've had it happen less than once a year, so it's probably nothing to be overly concered about. And in my case it definitely wasn't suggestions, since that's the first thing I turned off.
Phantom,

I am glad I am not the only one who has encountered this glitch. Thank you for the reassurance.

MighTiVo said:
Are you sure it recorded twice or is it just being listed in two groups?

If you have view by groups turned on, turn it off (press 2 in Now Playing) and see if you still have two recordings listed.
MighTiVo,

I have groups turned on however these are listed as separate recordings.

Thank you everyone for your responses.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yikes! The same R10 has once again made duplicate (or what appears to be) recordings from my Miyazaki wishlist.

I wonder if I set up a wishlist for different director or an actor, if it will exhibit the same behavior.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.