TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. Recently, we've started noticing bit errors (pixelation, audio dropouts) on a couple of channels -- first was LE or LWE, whatever that is (recording "Dharma & Greg" as a suggestion :)), but I didn't think much of it. However, this week's "Burn Notice" on USA was nigh unwatchable because of the sher number of drop-outs. This resulted in wide swaths of the screen being blocky, skippy audio, and, in more than once instance, lost frames.

I'm talking about this happening at least once every five minutes.

However, it only seems to happen on USA (and, maybe whatever channel it's been recording D&H on :) -- but the level of problems is significantl less).

I thought this was a DirecTV issue... until I looked on my standalone S1, which uses a standalone DTV receiver, and tonight's recording of "Monk" on it did not have any of the problems. (Near as I can tell, anyway. I'm recording "Psych" on it right now, and will try watching that.) So that's changed my mind, and I guess it's my DTV.

Any suggestions for what to do here? Other channels don't seem to exhibit the problem, so I don't think it's the hard drive or cabling. But I'm at a loss.

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it's not my dtivo... why does the dtivo exhibit the problem, while the standalone S1 + DirecTV tuner doesn't?

That's the part that confuses and worries me most. And nobody else seems to have experienced this problem (it's been constant since Thursday night, at least).

Thanks ;)

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hm... Last night's "The 4400" (on USA)... no problems. "John from Cincinnati" (on HBO)... problems, but nowhere near as bad as they had been on USA.

I'm so terribly confused.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.