TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Bring on the HD
115 Posts
nrc said:
Almost certainly.
I have absolutely no inside knowledge here whatsoever, just pure speculation, but I would not be surprised if BTN HD programming is indeed available in MPEG-2 on the HR10-250.

I highly doubt the BTN is going to broadcast full-time in HD. If anything, they will only offer HD games in three-hour blocks on Saturdays, in which case it would not be surprsing to see DirecTV throw those up on one of the HD spillover channels (94 or 95) that they use for things like NFL Network games and the occasional MLB, NBA or NHL broadcast.

·
Bring on the HD
115 Posts
Squeak said:
That would be very nice! The question is, how will I know? Just wait until closer to game time and see what the announce?
That's the tough part. The first and second-level CSR's so rarely have the correct info on things like this.

·
Bring on the HD
115 Posts
PRMan said:
In about a month you will know.

I just called them and am getting the HR20 and the new dish for $20. I didn't even need to go to retention. Installation is free. And I get to keep my HR10 and sell my wife's upgraded DSR-6000 on eBay for more than $20.

Seriously, it's only $20 and you get to keep your HR10-250, so why take a chance?
I'll get around to it at some point, but I don't want to deal with the extra wiring right now and all that nonsense. My house needs a new roof in the next 6 mos. or so, so that might be an ideal time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.