TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
Squeak said:
Because my understanding is that you have to be subscribed to the HD Package to receive local channels with the HR20, even if they are OTA.

Right now with my HR10-250 I get all my HD channels OTA, and do not subscribe to the HD package. I subscribe to the HD package during football season if a OSU games gets put on ESPN or ESPN2.

If I were to get the HR20, I would have to pay the HD package all year, even to get my local networks on HD, off the air.
Which means you would also get the satellite HD channels your package contains. Including whatever of the 70-100 channels of yours they put up in September and beyond.

The financial dynamic is changing. While the HD access fee wasn't as good a deal, it is going to get to be very good.

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
mattbooty said:
Wouldn't it have to be in MPEG2? They are supposed to have it live before the college football season begins because they are broadcasting some of the early home games, so that puts it live by Sept 1st at the latest, I was under the impression that the MPEG4 satellite would not be turned on by then. I could be wrong about the satellite being on by then though.
If they do the HD games at startup, they probably will be MPEG2. But what happens after D10 is turned on is anybody's guess at this time. Who knows, they may hold off on BTN HD until then, they may squeeze them on MPEG2 this season (like the NFL), they may move them from MPEG2 to MPEG4 (and call the MPEG2 games "previews" like MHD and NGHD).

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
mrpope said:
a csr told me that the bigten network will be carried sd and included in the choice plus catagory, and then some of the hd will be a game to game basis on channel 94 and the few like it. just like nfl channel games that are in hd. i don't get all of them, but a selection in hd.
Makes sense, but sense from a CSR is almost as elusive as the truth.

We will see.

I'll bet all BTN HD games will be available in MPEG4 when D10 is active.

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
Thank you for being everyone's daddy. But who said we need a daddy?

Your sole purpose seems to be to campaign against something you know little about. Who pooped in your Cheerios?

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
RS4 said:
Where's your numbers big man :confused: Prove me wrong!!
Numbers? I don't need numbers. I have two HR20s and they are working fine. Have you even ever laid hands on one?

Besides, you ignore anyone who gives you information that disagrees with your crusade.

Zealotry is fun, huh?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.