TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

Big Shots: Pilot OAD:9-27-2007 *spoilers*

3K views 41 replies 31 participants last post by  unixadm 
PajamaFeet said:
Did anyone else think rather than Sex & The City for men it was more like Desperate Housewives with men?
That's exactly what I thought - Desperate Housewives with men.

I didn't think the comedy part was very funny, since the jokes center around rich white men. And the drama side of the show was pretty standard stuff. The guy who's becoming a CEO while his wife's cheating on him caught my interest, I think mostly because the actor brought something to the part. But overall, there's not enough here to continue onward with the show.

Amnesia said:
What does one have to do with the other?

Are you suggesting that only upper-middle class women would find Desperate Housewives funny? Or only poor white men enjoy My Name is Earl? Or only rich black people watched The Cosby Show?
No, I'm simply saying that I don't find jokes with rich white men as the focal point all that funny. At least not the way this show portrayed them.

marksman said:
That seems a pretty arbitrary comedy line.
Maybe it's not the comedy "line" so much as most of the jokes the writers could think up were not terribly original.

Am I supposed to laugh at the fact that some pipsqueak guy who runs a big company can only have great sex with someone other than his wife? Or the fact that said mistress turns around and makes friends with the wife? Seen that before.

How about the guy who hooked up with the transsexual and figured it out later? Boy, that was a hoot. Seen that before too.

And the guy who's completely owned by his wife? Haw, haw haw.

The plot line with the guy becoming CEO while losing his wife to an affair isn't original either, but it was at least written and portrayed well. The rest of the show is pretending to be clever, but really pretty banal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.