TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
For people that have had Tivo running for some period of time with no pixelizations issues, the most likely cause is a cable signal problem, not a Tivo or CableCARD issue. This is especially true if the trouble appears to fluctuate with the temperature.

I would have your cable company come out and make sure you have a good signal (measure with a meter at the cable that you put into the Tivo, NOT on the S3 diagnostics screen)

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
RaGeJac said:
Cable signal is great! Comcast measured it outside, inside and at the Tivo. Comcast did their job. I wish I could say this of Tivo Service.
What were the numbers?

Or did they just tell you everything was fine? :)

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
RaGeJac said:
Thank you for your feedback. The Comcast guy was nearly two hours at our house and as far as I can tell he did a good job. We have also Comcast high speed "boost" Internet (9 Mbs) and a Comcast HD DVR (hey, On Demand can be a nice thing). All of them show very good performance. Also, under Tivo Diagnostics the signal strenght is 97.
All of this means nothing.

What was the meter reading for the signal at the Tivo?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.