TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a S3 model since April with two cable cards and it worked well form the start. However, about a week ago the machine would start to freeze up, have pixelation issues, sound interuptions and slow downs. Everything seems fine as soon as I disconnect the cable. I called Tivo suppport and they immedeatly blamed the cable cards. So I called Comcast and they send a technician. We exchanged the cards but the problems would not go away. They show up immedeatly on HD channels but then "spread" to other channels over time. So, I called Tivo support again. Long waiting time, suddenly a response by Geek Squad "oh, I don't know why you ended up here" and then again long waiting time until I had a Tivo support person. She wanted me to do all the trouble shooting again. I told her I went through this and she admitted then it is a software problem but she does not know when it will be fixed. I pointed out that my Tivo did cost $800 and I cannot use it since a week but she said "that's the way it is". I am sooooo mad with Tivo. They need to inform us about these things. Anybody else having these problems?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We can watch shows that were recorded before the issue showed up without any problems. Also, if I disconnect the cable Tivo reacts normal again (of course, no live television). No OTA. But standard cable w/o cards works fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cable signal is great! Comcast measured it outside, inside and at the Tivo. Comcast did their job. I wish I could say this of Tivo Service.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I referred to the Tivo interface. I also experience a slow down when I try to change the menu, display the guide and so on. As soon as I disconnect the cable all of these functions respond well. Does this make sense?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you for your feedback. The Comcast guy was nearly two hours at our house and as far as I can tell he did a good job. We have also Comcast high speed "boost" Internet (9 Mbs) and a Comcast HD DVR (hey, On Demand can be a nice thing). All of them show very good performance. Also, under Tivo Diagnostics the signal strenght is 97.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everybody for your advise. I tried to just use basic cable w/o cable cards but this failed too. Now the unit would freeze up by just going to live TV and would only function again after the cable feed was completley removed (I also disconnected it from the network). I called again Tivo Service and they agreed to exchange the unit. Unfortunately, our Tivo is 5 months old and after 3 months shipping of both units is on me ....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.