TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
All better
17,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Show keeps getting better and better. I really like the waitress but Bill is having a hard enough time with 3 and I hope one of the houses next to them is for sale.

Rhonda is freaking crazy!!! See better not drag my beloved Mac down or VM will have to come kick her butt.

Line of the night was by far at the beginning"

"Where is Wanda?"
"I had her committed. someone had to."

Oh and what is the scheme Bill's mom and uncle are running?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Looking forward to it.

But alas I'm going to Bruce Hornsby tonight, so it'll be a TV night with The Closer and Big Love and then a new episode of Rescue Me.

·
Registered
18,974 Posts
Yes they own a laundromat but something else is going on. Mom said something like "image how much we could make if we actually opened the doors"

Who is the actress who played the waitress ?

I love this show but it's funny. My wife doesn't watch it and she came in last night, I tried to explain it to her, she watched for 5 mins and said "this is boring" I understand that opinion but it's just not accurate but you have to watch to understand it.

·
Debates Ghee vs Gi
26,522 Posts
The first season I thought it was just a decent show to keep me occupied. This season has been really strong so far and I actually look forward to it each week now.

I know we are supposed to find it a bit naughty or possibly illegal or whatever but sarah and her new boyfriend look to be almost the same age to me so it's hard for me to be emotionally invested in the potential jailbait storyline.

·
Banned
14,145 Posts
TAsunder said:
The first season I thought it was just a decent show to keep me occupied. This season has been really strong so far and I actually look forward to it each week now.

I know we are supposed to find it a bit naughty or possibly illegal or whatever but sarah and her new boyfriend look to be almost the same age to me so it's hard for me to be emotionally invested in the potential jailbait storyline.
The only jailbait was when Rhonda was there screaming 'rape.'

·
Registered
13,023 Posts
I am having a little trouble understanding Rhonda. She went from indoctrinated compound girl-wife to running away and saying she'll never go back in the blink of an eye and it's not quite working for me. I know she is crazy and all but still . . . . Why wouldn't she run away *before* she slept with Roman? Or are we supposed to believe that the sex was so icky that it made her decide to leave after reveling in the compound life and feeling superior? I just am not buying her sudden change of heart. Are we supposed to take that part at face value or is she running some sort of scam?

Bill's mother is a hoot! I always look forward to her great one-liners.

Bill is kind of an ass this season. I have a lot less sympathy for him than I used to. I understand he feels under the gun but he is really treating his partner poorly by forcing the gambling machines on him. And I don't like the taking off the wedding ring to flirt, either. If he's living the principle he can take on new wives, so I guess he can flirt all he wants, but aren't you supposed to be up front with potential new wives about your lifestyle? if he pretends he's not married by taking off the ring, isn't that betraying the principle?

I am really enjoying the show though!

·
Debates Ghee vs Gi
26,522 Posts
Ruth said:
Why wouldn't she run away *before* she slept with Roman? Or are we supposed to believe that the sex was so icky that it made her decide to leave after reveling in the compound life and feeling superior? I just am not buying her sudden change of heart. Are we supposed to take that part at face value or is she running some sort of scam?
I thought she did run away before the dirty deed?

·
Smiley Averse
1,154 Posts
JohnB1000 said:
Yes they own a laundromat but something else is going on. Mom said something like "image how much we could make if we actually opened the doors"

Who is the actress who played the waitress ?
I don't think the specific scam has been laid out yet on the laundromat, but it appears to generate lots of cash and it doesn't involve actually washing clothes.

THe waitress looks like Maggie Gyllenhall, but I forgot to check the credits.

·
Registered
13,023 Posts
TAsunder said:
I thought she did run away before the dirty deed?
I wondered about that. But in the Reunion episode, that woman was trying to persuade her to sleep with him the night before the family picture and she went to him and said OK. Somehow I got the idea that she could not be in the picture as his wife unless she did that. When she was wearing the white dress the next day, I took that to mean that she had in fact slept with him, entitling her to wear the white outfit and stand next to him in the picture. Did I get that wrong?

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
The waitress' name is Mireille Enos. Her credits seem to include standoff, and Shark.... amongst some other stuff.

·
Registered
18,974 Posts
and she doesn't look like Maggie Gyllenhall to me at all.

Mireille Enos plays Kathy, the waitress is called Ana

I think Sarah is 18, it's perhaps not terribly common but there really is nothing wrong with an 18yo and a 28yo, I suspect it's the "living the principle" aspect that is the secret not the age.

·
Registered
18,974 Posts
Swirl_Junkie said:
The waitress' name is Mireille Enos. Her credits seem to include standoff, and Shark.... amongst some other stuff.
Her name is Branka Katic, known to me from a recent Entourage episode.

·
Banned
16,957 Posts
JohnB1000 said:
Her name is Branka Katic, known to me from a recent Entourage episode.
Ah ha! Thanks for freeing me from this. It's been bugging me and my wife. She was the wife of that weird guy they were trying to get to buy the script. The wife that wanted to sleep with Vince.

·
Debates Ghee vs Gi
26,522 Posts
JohnB1000 said:
and she doesn't look like Maggie Gyllenhall to me at all.

Mireille Enos plays Kathy, the waitress is called Ana

I think Sarah is 18, it's perhaps not terribly common but there really is nothing wrong with an 18yo and a 28yo, I suspect it's the "living the principle" aspect that is the secret not the age.
She was 16 last season. I don't see how she could be 18 now. HBO.com lists the character as 16 but it's possible she since turned 17.

·
Registered
18,974 Posts
Regarding Sarah, I have no facts other than thinking I remember her being referred to as 18 this year. she's older than the son right ? and how old is he ?

Oh yeah, and who the heck cares :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts