TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Palindromer
21,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do they really have so little content from the 24 hour weeklong footage, that they have to torture us with recap footage for 75% of the episode? <sigh>

They should have gotten rid of Michie when they had the chance... Looks like he's going to run away with the win if something unexpected doesn't happen...

·
CreativelyChallenged
2,607 Posts
Do they really have so little content from the 24 hour weeklong footage, that they have to torture us with recap footage for 75% of the episode? <sigh>

They should have gotten rid of Michie when they had the chance... Looks like he's going to run away with the win if something unexpected doesn't happen...
One more episode to go.

Was Michie ever up on the block at voting time? I can't remember.

·
Registered
9,019 Posts
Sooo.....if Holly beats Nicole and then beats Jackson for the HOH, does she have the gumption to evict Jackson? That would be the all-time best BB move ever.

How could you not vote for her to win at that point?

It would be a similar situation for Nicole, but way more expected.

I do think it would be easy for Nicole to beat Holly if Nicole is HOH, but difficult if Holly is HOH. Same final two but a way different dynamic.

If Holly wins HOH, Nicole needs to get in her head from the very moment and tell her how big the winning move would be to get rid of Jackson - and she needs to do it in front of Jackson...

All said, I would expect Jackson to also win HOH and bring Holly....and for him to win. Boring.....

·
Registered
938 Posts
If Holly wins HOH, Nicole needs to get in her head from the very moment and tell her how big the winning move would be to get rid of Jackson - and she needs to do it in front of Jackson...
She needs to start doing it now because no one knows who the final HOH is until minutes before eviction. The final part of the HOH comp usually plays out live on finale night, then that person evicts someone on the spot.
And I don't think she should campaign in front of Jackson. That gives him the chance to fight back and pressure Holly.

·
Registered
9,019 Posts
She needs to start doing it now because no one knows who the final HOH is until minutes before eviction. The final part of the HOH comp usually plays out live on finale night, then that person evicts someone on the spot.
And I don't think she should campaign in front of Jackson. That gives him the chance to fight back and pressure Holly.
I dunno, his MO is fabricating a lie and him himself believing it prior to talking to other people. I'm not sure how he would do it off-the-cuff.

I don't think he would bring Holly if she was a strong player.
She could get in the way of him winning. Scorpion/frog. It's just who he is.

·
Thrice as nice
10,908 Posts
I thought Tommy and whats-her-name were on the block at double eviction.
You're right. Nicole won her first HoH and nominated Christie and Tommy, Cliff won the veto and didn't use it.

I was thinking that was really their only opportunity to get him out because he technically wasn't safe, but he wasn't actually put up.

He WAS nominated against Jack on Week 6, but that's when Jack when to jury 7-2
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Brother_21_(American_season)

·
CreativelyChallenged
2,607 Posts
Thats funny, I saw Tyler as the most interesting one of those three to watch, and Kaycee and the bland one. Aside from dominating comps, she was about as strategic as Holly.
I can see that; I also thought Kaycee was bland. I was rooting for her out of the 3 because of her comp prowess and she seemed like a decent person who treated other people in the house well.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,729 Posts
At least they didn't have the fake "sit around the small table and discuss favorite moments" episode like they have in the past. That was almost all rerun. I thought this one was a little better than in the past.

But still unsatisfying with Michie winning.
I think they just reformatted the above episode. Instead of sitting around the table and them showing clips, they had each houseguest state their case for winning and showed clips. I like this format better, but it's still essentially a clip show. And Michie would be a shoe-in win, if he didn't have such an abrasive personality. I still think he wins though which will be the topper on a mostly terrible season. I wonder if CBS will look at this season as a cautionary tale and vet these people better. Somehow I doubt it.

·
Premium Member
5,214 Posts
I think they just reformatted the above episode. Instead of sitting around the table and them showing clips, they had each houseguest state their case for winning and showed clips. I like this format better, but it's still essentially a clip show. And Michie would be a shoe-in win, if he didn't have such an abrasive personality. I still think he wins though which will be the topper on a mostly terrible season. I wonder if CBS will look at this season as a cautionary tale and vet these people better. Somehow I doubt it.
At first I did not like the format of the episode, but as I thought about more, I agree. I probably prefer having each HG explain their game to the viewers versus the old roundtable discussion. It definitely allowed the HGs to be more open about their game.

Michie certainly has the strongest game resume and I think he wins no mater what. While it is possible we will have a bitter jury, I don't think it will happen. The sad part is that most of what we know about Michie comes from either outside the game or his DR sessions. Even his treatment of Holly wasn't seen by most of the other HGs. They will look at him and see a comp beast and a leader of an alliance.

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Sooo.....if Holly beats Nicole and then beats Jackson for the HOH, does she have the gumption to evict Jackson? That would be the all-time best BB move ever.
It would be a great move, but I don't think there is any way in a million years she would do it. Holly's feelings for Michie appear to be genuine, and she doesn't strike me as the kind of person that would go against her word to him.

I was hoping she would be in a situation where she could potentially throw the HoH to Nicole, but that ship has sailed now that Michie won the first leg.

·
Palindromer
21,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
It would be a great move, but I don't think there is any way in a million years she would do it. Holly's feelings for Michie appear to be genuine, and she doesn't strike me as the kind of person that would go against her word to him.

I was hoping she would be in a situation where she could potentially throw the HoH to Nicole, but that ship has sailed now that Michie won the first leg.
Yeah...it would be a great move... But I don't think she would do that to Michie... But if the roles were reversed, and Holly was a threat to him bringing home the win, I don't think he would do the same for her...

Yes, if he wins, he will likely take Holly to the finals...that is not what I am saying... I do not believe he feels that she is a threat to him winning when compared to Nicole... But if there was some permutation where Holly is a dead ringer to beat him in a final 2...I don't think he brings her to the finals...

It was clear to me when he pressured her to throw the HoH and guarantee her a spot in the final 3 that he is only worried about his game, and really doesn't give a crap about her game...

·
Registered
938 Posts
It was clear to me when he pressured her to throw the HoH and guarantee her a spot in the final 3 that he is only worried about his game, and really doesn't give a crap about her game...
Nicole should pitch that to Holly in case Holly wins HOH (if Nicole was able to hear Michie telling Holly to drop). Nicole should definitely tell Holly that even since its been down to this final 3, Michie was trying to convince Nicole how unlikely he thinks it is that the jury would pick him. He never threw out Holly's name, but that was totally an effort on his part to convince Nicole to pick him should she win final HOH. So, it was essentially him campaigning against Holly. Holly needs to be told that.

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
Yeah...it would be a great move... And I don't think she would do that to Michie... But if the roles were reversed, and Holly was a threat to him bringing home the win, I don't think he would do the same for her...
Without question. Michie may truly care for Holly, be he cares about winning the game much more. If he felt he had a better chance against Nicole, he would ditch Holly in a heartbeat.

Unfortunately for Holly, I don't think she grasps this. I'm also guessing that she thinks she would have a better chance against Jackson at the end because of all the blood on his hands. She probably doesn't have the ability to take a step back and realize that ditching him would actually be the game winning move. Holly played a strong game, but I think a lot of the jury will view her as someone who road Michie's coattails to the end.

·
Premium Member
5,214 Posts
Without question. Michie may truly care for Holly, be he cares about winning the game much more. If he felt he had a better chance against Nicole, he would ditch Holly in a heartbeat.

Unfortunately for Holly, I don't think she grasps this. I'm also guessing that she thinks she would have a better chance against Jackson at the end because of all the blood on his hands. She probably doesn't have the ability to take a step back and realize that ditching him would actually be the game winning move. Holly played a strong game, but I think a lot of the jury will view her as someone who road Michie's coattails to the end.
While I don't think it will happen, I would argue that Holly may have a slightly better chance against Michie than Nicole. If the jury is bitter, then Michie will be the main target. Holly could be looking at all the people Michie pissed off (Jack, Sis, Christie, and Tommy) and thinking that she might have a shot. Against Nicole, it might be tougher, Holly would look like she was riding Michie's coat tails. Nicole is well loved by nearly everyone in the Jury house.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.