TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 349 Posts

·
Registered
8,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(At first I thought discussion of this show could take place in the live feed thread. After all, the After Dark show is sort of a live feed. But after seeing the show and comparing it to the live feeds I thought we should have a separate thread for two reasons. One, the Showtime show, while live, doesn't match up with the live feeds. So there is a possiblity that something showing on the After Dark show isn't showing on the live feeds. And two, there are probably some people watching the Showtime show that aren't watching the live feeds. So they might not want to participate in the live feed thread.)

I've been watching the live feeds for 7 years, and every year I think, wouldn't it be cool if they had a Big Brother channel on TV that showed the house live all the time. Well this year I sort of got my wish and I'm not sure whether I like it or not.

Actually I really like this new show, as they're doing a pretty good job keeping interesting stuff on screen and it has pretty much kept my attention for the entire 3 hours. But I'm thinking there is no way I can watch this crap for 3 hours a day, 7 days a week, for 3 months! This is really a bad thing! I've watched a lot of live feed in the past, but technical snafus, bad resolution, etc. usually resulted in me watching maybe an hour total a day most seasons.

And even if you watch on delay there's no way to fast forward. You never can tell whether you might miss something. Oh well, there's not much on this summer anyway so I can spend a little extra time on this. And I just have to get into the mindframe that just because I recorded it I don't neccesarily have to watch it!

·
Poster of News
35,621 Posts
Aww opened the thread and I was hoping to get a sneak peak here. I can't stay up that late to watch and was looking forward to some spoilage since I'll always be a day behind! :)

Plus if it bites, I don't want to waste the time.

·
Registered
12,906 Posts
I'm still unclear on whether it's midnight - 3am in each time zone or whether the West Coast gets it at 9pm - midnight. If it's midnight - 3am everywhere, is it only live on the East Coast and taped delayed elsewhere?

For the record, I'm on the East Coast and it was on from midnight - 3am and said "LIVE" in the lower right corner. I got a bunch of fairly boring poolside conversations. Part of the problem was that I didn't know who the contestants were yet, really.

·
Broncos Faithful
7,372 Posts
We stayed up and watched the entire first episode. The first 45 minutes to an hour was all poolside stuff and could barely hear/understand what they were saying. As the show went on, they broke off into smaller groups and actually talked and got interesting.

Eric, the America's Player, got annoying really fast. Plus, he felt the need to use the "F" word at least once in virtually every sentence. I don't mind swearing, but he was inserting it in very odd places, like he was trying to impress someone.

But with the first hour plus being poolside, we got some interesting T & A shots from Danielle and Jen...

·
Broncos Faithful
7,372 Posts
cwoody222 said:
I'm still unclear on whether it's midnight - 3am in each time zone or whether the West Coast gets it at 9pm - midnight. If it's midnight - 3am everywhere, is it only live on the East Coast and taped delayed elsewhere?

For the record, I'm on the East Coast and it was on from midnight - 3am and said "LIVE" in the lower right corner. I got a bunch of fairly boring poolside conversations. Part of the problem was that I didn't know who the contestants were yet, really.
I would say that if the West Coast episode was Live, it would probably get very boring. By the end of the episode on the East Coast, many of the Hamsters were in bed...

·
Registered
8,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
newsposter said:
Aww opened the thread and I was hoping to get a sneak peak here. I can't stay up that late to watch and was looking forward to some spoilage since I'll always be a day behind! :)

Plus if it bites, I don't want to waste the time.
Gawd man, get a Tivo already! :D

I've only watched half of it so far and I'm not real good at writing synopsis..what's the plural of synopsis, synopsiss, synopsi? Plus I can't really figure out who is who yet.

A couple of observations:

I'm getting real tired of "America's Player f***ing Eric" and his "f***ing this" and "f***ing that" every two seconds. I mean I toss a few curse words around every so often, but this guy is incredible. For Eric there is no noun that doesn't deserve a f*** in front of it.

Dick is an arrogant sh** (see I told you I curse). Him and Amber are players. Way too much scheming for this early in the game.

cwoody - what I understand is that the show is live on Showtime 2 East from midnight until 3AM eastern (9PM until midnight Pacific) and it's on tape delay on Showtime 2 West from 3AM until 6AM eastern (midnight until 3AM Pacific). I have a hard time wrapping my head around that too. Basically, if you get both East and West, watch it on Sho2 East at 9PM (west coast) or midnight (east coast) to see it live. If you don't have both East and West then you're stuck with what you've got, midnight live in the East and midnight tape delay in the West.

·
Registered
12,906 Posts
I am watching the first hour now (stayed up about 30 minutes last night). Agreed - LOTS of boring poolside talks. Eric is annoying but the swearing doesn't bother me. I've got a similar mouth... F'word just slips out. He is from NYC, afterall :)

There is some gratuitous T&A shots but man, that one girl is SKINNY! And Joe's nipples ARE gigantic!

·
Broncos Faithful
7,372 Posts
Based on what I saw just last night, my favorite players are Dick, Dustin and Jameka.

My least favorite are Eric, Joe, and Jessica.

We saw almost nothing from Kail and Mike last night. In fact, towards the end of the night, they showed Mike, and I had to ask my wife "Who the hell is that?"

·
Broncos Faithful
7,372 Posts
cwoody222 said:
I am watching the first hour now (stayed up about 30 minutes last night). Agreed - LOTS of boring poolside talks. Eric is annoying but the swearing doesn't bother me. I've got a similar mouth... F'word just slips out. He is from NYC, afterall :)

There is some gratuitous T&A shots but man, that one girl is SKINNY! And Joe's nipples ARE gigantic!
Joe's nipples are scary huge and kinda oddly placed.

Danielle is WAYYYYY too skinny. It is almost painful to look at her. Jen looked great in the bikini. You could tell she was showing off for the cameras last night.

·
Poster of News
35,621 Posts
appleye1 said:
Gawd man, get a Tivo already! :D

unless tivo can show me it before it airs, my tivos are useless, i cannot stay up from 12-3am. And something tells me i'm gonna miss the great PQ of OTA for the BB show vs the crappy rez for showtime.

I can't believe this thread is already boiled down to a nipple comparison :)

so this was or wasn't bare nudage-ism last night?

·
ID-10-T
16,781 Posts
Chapper1 said:
Eric, the America's Player, got annoying really fast. Plus, he felt the need to use the "F" word at least once in virtually every sentence. I don't mind swearing, but he was inserting it in very odd places, like he was trying to impress someone.
You caught that too eh? I am concerned for America's Player. He trys too hard and comes across as very annoying. I have a feeling this is going to rub people the wrong way with time. He also cusses way too much which is weird. For one he knows he is on tv so swearing all the time is dumb. Secondly it is indicative of him either trying too hard or not really being that smart. Nobody else was cussing like he was, or even close.

But with the first hour plus being poolside, we got some interesting T & A shots from Danielle and Jen...
Haha the camera was in love with Danielle.

Was interesting conversation with Dick and Amber on the hammock too.

·
ID-10-T
16,781 Posts
appleye1 said:
Dick is an arrogant sh** (see I told you I curse). Him and Amber are players. Way too much scheming for this early in the game.
I thought Dick's observations on everyone else was amusing. I don't think it is too early. Carol and Dustin were scheming too in the exercise room. The fact is two people are up and one of them is going home. If you don't start playing and you are up right away you are in trouble. If you don't start playing and one of your early allies goes home it could hurt you as well.

It would be a huge mistake to just sit back and let things happen when they could seriously hurt you.

I am with you on that.. Every time I saw Mike I thought he was just like a better looking Zach. It confused me for a long time. I am still struggling with names on haf of them.

·
WTTWDC
9,789 Posts
Well, I saw some of the feed last night, and then some of the Showtime show. FWIW, they're the same. The only difference is that they don't show equal parts of the things that are happening in the house. You can't change cameras on Showtime like you can on the feeds. So, ultimately, I'm not sure it's necessary to have 2 threads with spoilers.

In any case, last night was mostly boring, but I didn't stay up to watch the entire Showtime show. I'll be skimming through it today.

deb

·
Tivo's R Us
1,246 Posts
Well I think Dick will keep the show Interesting, but Zack has to go he is a real ass. And America's Boy is a wannabe, I doubt he will be able to do anything that we want him to do except make enemies. I think Dicks daughter needs to go, with a live-in boyfriend at home and the over emotional brat I thought she acted like. She will be a bore.

·
I miss the ocean
7,265 Posts
I wonder if the TV audience can make Eric stop using the "F" bomb. I don't mind, but It would really mess with his head. Hey it's money in his pocket if he could. I know if I used it as freely as he did, I wouldn't be able to.

·
mad north-north-west
1,212 Posts
I'm in California and get it 9 to Midnight. Good thing it's summer or that would be a crappy time to have a 3 hour block. I like the fact that not only is it really live, but I'm in the same time zone as the houseguests.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
i just watched it this morning and it's dangerously addictive - 3 hours of my life every day
- geez, maybe i need to get a life.

it's true - you want to start fast forwarding but then you become worried that you'll fast forward through the one interesting thing that happens every 30 minutes.

1 - 20 of 349 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.