TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Mostly lurking
2,150 Posts
I thought Michael's exit made him look like a poor sport.
I thought so too, but then when he was talking with Julie, I changed my mind, especially when he said they were smart to vote him out.

It was interesting to see Kyle at the Jury House. He certainly owned up to his words & actions.

I always like the double eviction episodes and this was no exception.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
In my mind nothing Michael said in the interview with Julie absolved him of the absolutely childish spoiled brat way he left the house.
He could have at least told Brittany 'Sorry, I had to give it a shot' and given her a hug. Instead he left her in tears. His argument was Brittany can't survive in the house without him anyway so you may as well vote her out so he can protect everyone else. Very childish with the 'I have one thing to say!' and then running. He's such an egomaniac. Telling Julie the house was right to vote him out wasn't to give the house credit, it was because he considers himself superior. Poor Kyle is still living the affects of being exploited by him because Michael conveniently held the info about Kyle's paranoia in his back pocket until he needed it to hijack Turner's HOH to get Kyle out the door.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,847 Posts
I don't get Indy's "outrage" over what Kyle did. She's not a person of color. At least not that I can tell. But she was OUTRAGED. As with most people, context needs to be addressed rather than just this knee jerk reaction to everything which has become such a big thing right now (OMG I have to go to twitter and post my outrage so complete strangers know where I stand!). At least she calmed down. Kyle has seemed to learn a lot about himself and realized what he did and said was a mistake. I think someone like Indy should have realized it before she had so much fake outrage about it. I am completely convinced that people like Indy are looking to become "social media" famous and want to tick that box off on their profiles so they can get a lot of likes on their accounts.

Micheal's goodbye was lame and I really think he did that so he didn't have to deal with Brittney. But it was smart to get rid of him as he would have won. I really think his outing Kyle and winning so many vetos and HoH comps did him in and he probably should have thrown a couple of them when he felt safe. That was his fatal flaw. Like most players who people think are "the best ever" they all have a flaw that prevented them from winning. I know many will feel that the best player didn't win this season, but I'll disagree and say the best overall player will win, though I'll be totally disappointed if Taylor wins, as I feel she's done little the whole game but join the main alliance that protected her.

·
Palindromer
21,822 Posts
I still feel for the "kid"... I don't think he has a hateful bone in his body (at least nothing that I can tell from what I have watched)... There are so many people out in the world that deserve "the hate", and Kyle is not one of them...

Yes, his gut reaction was to lump POC together and assume that they formed an alliance (or might form an alliance)... And I guess that would be a little more d*mning if it had never been done before, but we (and he) just saw it play out last season with the Cookout!!!

People are riding pretty high and mighty, and using this poor guy as a punching bag because he is such a nice guy that he won't even try and defend himself...

Again, I might be in the minority (in fact, I know I am a minority in my own household)... I think he is one of the good guys...

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
I still feel for the "kid"... I don't think he has a hateful bone in his body (at least nothing that I can tell from what I have watched)... There are so many people out in the world that deserve "the hate", and Kyle is not one of them...

Yes, his gut reaction was to lump POC together and assume that they formed an alliance (or might form an alliance)... And I guess that would be a little more d*mning if it had never been done before, but we (and he) just saw it play out last season with the Cookout!!!

People are riding pretty high and mighty, and using this poor guy as a punching bag because he is such a nice guy that he won't even try and defend himself...

Again, I might be in the minority (in fact, I know I am a minority in my own household)... I think he is one of the good guys...
Agreed.

·
Palindromer
21,822 Posts
I had only watched the first half before joining this thread and posting about the BTS jury footage and Terrances departure... I hadn't yet seen Michael's departure (but obviously got the spoilers on social media and in the message posts earlier in this thread).

Having just seen it last night, I agree that it was a bad look for Michael. He definitely came off as a poor sport. I don't really blame him, since it was clear that he was the front runner for the big prize. And because this was a "surprise" double eviction, he didn't have days or even hours to plan/script his exit. So he was left with his reactionary emotions to guide his exit... And yes, he handled it poorly...

I consider Michael more of a chess player, and he usually is strategic and thoughtful in his actions. But clearly this chess player was faced with the need to react pretty instantly to save himself and made some bad decisions...

I am not terribly sad to see him go... I do think it was a slimy move to hold back his conversation with Kyle, and expose it only when it was beneficial to his game... I am pulling for Turner now..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts