TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
randomize
5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taylor sure botched her options. Not sure why she felt she need to promise so many people that they wouldn't go up.

And how could she not think/plan for what would happen if the veto was won and not used? It's like that wasn't even an option for her. Good thing Turner was there to talk her through things.

·
time to emancipate
7,216 Posts
I was rooting for Taylor to win HoH after all the crap she had to deal with. BUt I was shocked with her thought process. And her reason for not nominating Jasmine when you know Jasmine would put her up/vote her out in a second. UGH.

·
Registered
36,397 Posts
Seems like a wasted HOH IF they take Terrence out. Maybe slightly less of a waste to take out Indy. They are the type of player you want to be sitting next to on finale night.

I guess its hard to take out anyone of consequence when almost everyone is in one of your two alliances.

·
randomize
5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The question is, when will the 7 turn on each other? If they all feel relatively safe, then they might wait until it gets down to 7. But, will those on the bottom of the 7 figure it out soon enough to possibly grab some of the others and create their own new alliance. Not sure if now is the time since there are 4 people outside the 7 ... indy, alyssa, jasmine, terrance.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,816 Posts
Taylor is the perfect example of someone who's either not watched Big Brother or only watched a couple of times and was recruited because of who she is as a "type" for the show. BB used to do that all the time, but less so since there are so many fans of the show now. If you watch her play and then watch someone like Brittney or Michael play you could easily tell the difference. She really has no clue how to play. I think it cost her early on because she tried to play the "I'll flirt with the boys because this is what I've done my whole life" card and it got her in trouble with a lot of the girls in the house. Then she kind of lucked into the alliance out of necessity to save her, and now that she actually has some power, she really has no idea how to use it. Also, not to disparage her feelings, but you're playing a game and you're letting the "I won't nominate a black woman" get in the way of what really needs to be done for you to win? Jasmine was the obvious choice to go this week. I think she's really the only one on that side of the fence who has some idea how to play. Sure early on if you want to take that stand it makes total sense, but at this point, if your choice is to try and win and you won't take out your alliance, then you go for the most likely to make some game moves on the other side. Indy, I'm not even sure why she's playing, she's pretty clueless, and I don't see Terrence as much of a threat and he's someone you could lure over to your team if needed later on. And I get not wanting to stir up trouble with Kyle by putting up his showmance. Yeah, unlike a lot of folks here, I've never jumped on the Taylor bandwagon as someone I want to win. Sure, she's been mistreated, which made her a victim in a lot of people's eyes, but I think she brought some of that down on herself early. She's just not a very good player who's gotten lucky. She's a number, and at some point she'll be cut loose too.

·
Premium Member
7,934 Posts
I am enjoying the season enough to continue watching, but most weeks it seems (broadcast viewer only) that there are too many floaters trying to outfloat each other. To me it feels like Michael is the only one executing a game plan successfully, albeit with a few too many comp wins for my comfort, with Turner maybe in second. Taylor's whole nomination thought process was painful to watch, surely she was recruited to be on the show as she literally had no clue.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,816 Posts
I am enjoying the season enough to continue watching, but most weeks it seems (broadcast viewer only) that there are too many floaters trying to outfloat each other. To me it feels like Michael is the only one executing a game plan successfully, albeit with a few too many comp wins for my comfort, with Turner maybe in second. Taylor's whole nomination thought process was painful to watch, surely she was recruited to be on the show as she literally had no clue.
That's the same with most seasons, but I actually think there are at least 4 or 5 that are playing the game. Michael certainly and Brittney (though maybe still playing the shadow game behind Michael). I think Jasmine is playing and Monte as well, and Turner too. I think that's why this season has been better than most, because there feels like there are more playing than a lot of seasons. Then you have Taylor, who has no clue.

·
Ex satellite dealer
298 Posts
I like Taylor, But I agree.... she doesn't know how to play Big Brother.
I do wonder if someone in the leftovers wins the Veto...... They will talk sense into Taylor and put Jasmine up.
When the season started..... I really didn't care for Turner (no reason, just didn't care for him) Now that I have seen him play...... He is a really smart BB player and I think most everyone in the house likes him.

·
Brr. It's Chile here
3,481 Posts
I felt sorry for Taylor earlier in the season when she was being bullied and I’m glad the ones who did most of the bullying are gone. But I really don’t like her any more and would love to see her go after this week.

Telling Kyle and Joseph “aren’t you feminists? Don’t you want to see a women win?” was ridiculous. Wouldn’t a real feminist have confidence that a woman could earn the HOH on her own rather than being gifted it by a man? I was willing to overlook the comment she made during the challenge but then she repeated it to some of the women afterwards.

Wanting to keep a promise to her Festie Besties who really didn’t want her with them to begin with, and she only joined them because they were outside her alliance and could be targeted if they all ended up in the block together. How stupid.

Won’t nominate a black woman even though it makes the most sense to nominate the one who has you as her clear first target. I’m kind of glad because I actually like Jasmine and hope she is around long enough to orchestrate Taylor’s demise , but I’m sick and tired of identity based Big Brother.

·
Palindromer
21,811 Posts
Telling Kyle and Joseph “aren’t you feminists? Don’t you want to see a women win?” was ridiculous.
I always roll my eyes when someone influences someone to drop, and then goes into the diary room and "flexes" their big win...

Too many times I have seen other houseguests pleading "please, I really want this, and I really need to get my letter from home..." Ugh...

·
Palindromer
21,811 Posts
Taylor suggesting that she put up Turner, after he was the one who vocally called out the bullying behavior she was enduring seemed to me like a lack of appreciation for him... I really appreciated this gesture on his part (weeks ago)...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts