·
Retired
14,855 Posts

·
tabasco rules
16,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
not much new to report, only that casting is down to the final stages (bbn):

...We did read from one casting team member that she had wrapped up her part of the effort which just means the next round of decisions were handed off to CBS for their stamps of approval. So not much to chat about just yet but we’re getting close. With what looks to likely be an all new cast we can probably expect to meet them about one week before the season premiere...

·
CreativelyChallenged
2,607 Posts
BB is a quintessential summer time tradition I can't imagine not watching it, at least the early stages. It definitely gets less interesting at the end when it's clear who's going to be out next, but the early stuff is fun and I think I'm in for this season at least

·
Ex satellite dealer
298 Posts
The best celebrity reality show was: The Surreal Life that played on VH-1 (2003 - 2006)
I mean come on Ron Jemery, Florence Henderson, Tammy Fae, Vern Troyer so drunk that he couldn't walk.
That was GOOD TV :)

Nope. I've made a decision long ago to avoid ANY type of celebrity reality show. It's not like you are getting any kind of top celebrites, and what you get are D list celebrities trying to jump start their careers, or has beens who haven't been relevant for years. I have no desire to watch them try and "promote" their careers by going on TV and showing off for the cameras. Not going to do it. If that's something you enjoy, that's your prerogative, but I avoid it like the plague. (full disclosure, I hate when "regular" people do the same thing...and way too often on these reality shows they bring in wanna be actors, or recruited people to "play" a stereotype to make these shows "interesting". I generally detest those types as well.....someone like Frankie Grande who it was clear to me was just trying to promote himself and his online presence).

·
Retired
14,855 Posts
Looks like the premiere will be a live move in episode so that bodes well for little or no delay in the feeds starting. Yay!
The latest CBS release regarding Big Brother Season 24 has confirmed that the premiere on Wednesday, July 6 will be a live move-in episode. This means that the audience in the Eastern Time Zone will get to see the Houseguests enter the Big Brother house for the first time. Those living in Pacific Standard Time will watch on a delay, but that’s something that those in PST should be used to be now.

Now that it's known that Big Brother Season 24 will have a live move-in special, we can move on to wondering when the live feeds will turn on after the 90-minute premiere. Even when Big Brother does a live move-in, live feeds often don’t turn on until the West Coast broadcast of the premiere concludes. That creates at least a three-hour gap between the last live look at the Houseguests and the next time they're seen.

·
tabasco rules
16,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Looks like the premiere will be a live move in episode so that bodes well for little or no delay in the feeds starting. Yay!
yes! i was just going to post myself. most are concluding the move-in will be live, too, which is a good guess looking at recent seasons, but until it's announced or it happens, i won't be fully convinced:

Reactions: verdugan

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,729 Posts
The best celebrity reality show was: The Surreal Life that played on VH-1 (2003 - 2006)
I mean come on Ron Jemery, Florence Henderson, Tammy Fae, Vern Troyer so drunk that he couldn't walk.
That was GOOD TV :)
Why would I want to watch ANY of those people? Like I said, has beens and never was. And nobody I was ever a big fan of. To each his own I guess.

·
Premium Member
5,356 Posts
I'm glad you enjoyed it then!!
Perhaps I should have elaborated. The show turned out to be much more enjoyable than I ever would have anticipated. On the surface, the cast seemed like a bunch of D-list loser celebrities, but the relationships that they developed while living together turned out to be very interesting and even quite moving at times.

·
Administrator
9,707 Posts
Why am I getting a flashback of Tammy Fae in the back of a van with headphones on rapping to a Vanilla Ice song hearing it for the first time with him in the row in front of her? :unsure:

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,729 Posts
Perhaps I should have elaborated. The show turned out to be much more enjoyable than I ever would have anticipated. On the surface, the cast seemed like a bunch of D-list loser celebrities, but the relationships that they developed while living together turned out to be very interesting and even quite moving at times.
I know exactly what you meant. You can keep trying to convince me, but again, I have no interest in those people. None. And the fact that they ARE D-List celebrities is the major reason I'd never watch. Why do you need D-List celebrities if "regular" people can have similar relationships? Why? Because of name recognition. And I didn't care about them before, why should I care about them now? What would even compel me to watch?

21 - 40 of 238 Posts