TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,729 Posts
I don't know why, but I'm much less enthused about BB than I have been in the past. We'll probably watch, but there's so much streaming stuff to catch up on that I am just not sure I want to invest even the three hours a week on this. I'll see what my wife wants to do. If she wants to watch, we'll watch, but if she doesn't care, I just might not bother. I just think I've gotten really bored with it over the last few years.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,729 Posts
Exactly how we felt starting last year so we didn't see last summer or the "celebrity" edition. It's run its course for us.
I have completely avoided the celebrity versions of this show. I have no interest in celebrities and the "celebrities" they use are D-List or were celebrities like 20 years ago. I think it's more fun with "regular" people (though I realize that certain "types" are always recruited for this show).

I agree, I'm almost certainly not going to watch if it's an All-Star season, but I suppose we would have heard that already.

I also have Paramount+, so is that were the live feeds are now? I've never had the live feeds before (as I never felt it was worth paying for it), but since I already have free P+ I'll watch a little of it if I decide to watch this year. I used to watch that hour or so on Pop every so often but it was extremely boring.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,729 Posts
all new hg's.

i used to watch bb after dark on sho, it would run overnight and i would keep it on in the background - those were the days!

i just don't have time for the feeds, unless there's drama unfolding, and the replay feature helps - who has time to watch 24/7?
Exactly. I have enough trouble keeping track of my own life!! I guess it could be fun to sneak a peek every so often if there's nothing and nothing to do (which is more and more rare these days). I forgot after dark used to be on Showtime, I just remember when POP channel had it for awhile for a couple of hours a week. Usually they'd just show them eating or BSing like pretty much everyone in any life does. Mega boring.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,729 Posts
i was feeling a little less enthused about the new season when i started this thread, too, but guess what i've been randomly thinking about off and on the past 3 days... 😊
I'm still not enthused. One reason I think is that I just don't feel any attachment to a bunch of 20 somethings any more. They just seem to be on a different wavelength than me. So I think perhaps I've just "outgrown" the show. The parts of the show I've enjoyed most are the competitions but the conversations just don't seem to "speak" to me any longer. Yeah, and get off my lawn!!

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,729 Posts
I think you should give CBB a chance at least once. While it's not my favorite version of the show, I do like that the game play is different and it doesn't get as divisive. The celebrity know that they have a public personal that they must maintain so it adds in extra layer to the game.
Nope. I've made a decision long ago to avoid ANY type of celebrity reality show. It's not like you are getting any kind of top celebrites, and what you get are D list celebrities trying to jump start their careers, or has beens who haven't been relevant for years. I have no desire to watch them try and "promote" their careers by going on TV and showing off for the cameras. Not going to do it. If that's something you enjoy, that's your prerogative, but I avoid it like the plague. (full disclosure, I hate when "regular" people do the same thing...and way too often on these reality shows they bring in wanna be actors, or recruited people to "play" a stereotype to make these shows "interesting". I generally detest those types as well.....someone like Frankie Grande who it was clear to me was just trying to promote himself and his online presence).

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,729 Posts
I feel like after the first bunch of seasons, it's mostly people that want to be famous and will act whatever way they need to in order to get fame.
Absolutely....it's what the YouTube and TIcTok generation is all about, do crazy stuff and try and get famous.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,729 Posts
The best celebrity reality show was: The Surreal Life that played on VH-1 (2003 - 2006)
I mean come on Ron Jemery, Florence Henderson, Tammy Fae, Vern Troyer so drunk that he couldn't walk.
That was GOOD TV :)
Why would I want to watch ANY of those people? Like I said, has beens and never was. And nobody I was ever a big fan of. To each his own I guess.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,729 Posts
Perhaps I should have elaborated. The show turned out to be much more enjoyable than I ever would have anticipated. On the surface, the cast seemed like a bunch of D-list loser celebrities, but the relationships that they developed while living together turned out to be very interesting and even quite moving at times.
I know exactly what you meant. You can keep trying to convince me, but again, I have no interest in those people. None. And the fact that they ARE D-List celebrities is the major reason I'd never watch. Why do you need D-List celebrities if "regular" people can have similar relationships? Why? Because of name recognition. And I didn't care about them before, why should I care about them now? What would even compel me to watch?

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,729 Posts
It came up on the new shows thread, but if anyone is watching The Challenge: USA, it’s basically battle of the CBS reality show stars. All of the players are from CBS shows and have never been on The Challenge.

If anyone is curious about the regular version of The Challenge on MTV, it has had several CBS reality contestants including several from Big Brother. It started with Natalie N (bb18) and Victor (bb18). Victor was a dud, but Natalie did 3 seasons and was joined by Dayvonne (bb18/2 seasons)) & Paulie (bb18/3 seasons). Lolo, Josea, Liz, Julia, Morgan, Bayleigh, & Swaggy each did a season. The current BB group is made of Amber B (BB16/2seasons), Fessy(bb20/3 seasons), Josh(bb19/5 seasons), & KayCee (bb20/3 seasons) with Tommy & Analyse making their debut in Season 38.
The funny thing is, for me, once these people are off their show, I couldn't care less about them. I never liked the Amazing Race episodes the featured former CBS reality starts. In fact having to watch Rachel Riley whine her way through ANOTHER reality show was offputting to say the least. I get that some have become D list celbebrities away from their show and for the twitter and FB crowd they have a ton of followers. But that wouldn't be me. But I'm like that with most celebrities anyway. I couldn't care less about Ben and Jenn, or other such nonsense.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,729 Posts
I

I’m guessing that you won’t be tuning into Snake in the Grass on USA. One episode features Rachel and Janelle, along with Cirie and Stephanie from Survivor, lol.

I don’t follow any of them on social media, but I don’t mind if they show up elsewhere. (As long as it keeps them off BB)
Good guess. I actually never heard of that show, but I wouldn't watch anyway. At this point I watch Survivor and BB out of habit more than anything, though I do enjoy a good season. If either of those shows were starting up new now, I probably wouldn't bother watching. The Amazing Race I still really enjoy, not for the people but for the locations. I like travel and I like learning about places I've never been, so that's the fun part for me. Otherwise, I don't watch any other reality shows other than those three CBS ones. Game shows I watch sometimes, but those are different. I enjoy The Chase for example. But I'm about done with reality type shows like those.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts