TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
tabasco rules
16,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the premier of big brother 24 has been officially announced: wednesday, july 6th!

the bb24 90-minute kickoff will reportedly feature all new hg's and live feeds on paramount+, but no official word on a live move-in this season. it will be followed by the 90-minute premier of the challenge: usa (20 years on mtv), featuring fan favorites from current and past cbs reality shows like survivor, big brother, the amazing race and love island.

Font Electric blue Brand Rectangle Magenta

Joint Smile Shoulder Purple Dress

·
tabasco rules
16,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guess I better finish BB Canada season 2 soon then.

Paramount+ has some foreign installments such as CA and AUS. They’re… interesting.

And how do I have no clue what The Challenge is if it’s been around 20 seasons?
the show is a summer tradition for me, and i still enjoy watching, even with streaming shows - with tivo and time shifting, it's not a big commitment, and as long as they keep it interesting, i'm in.

i have the live feeds, but only use them sparingly, they're too time consuming - thankfully, others watch every second and report online - i can always follow fan alerts and watch notable moments on replay.

yeah, the challenge is a new one for me, too - i guess cbs needed a venue for returning reality contestants, and the challenge needed cbs viewers? i'll probably watch the premier, and decide from there.

·
tabasco rules
16,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree, I'm almost certainly not going to watch if it's an All-Star season, but I suppose we would have heard that already.
all new hg's.
I also have Paramount+, so is that were the live feeds are now? I've never had the live feeds before (as I never felt it was worth paying for it), but since I already have free P+ I'll watch a little of it if I decide to watch this year. I used to watch that hour or so on Pop every so often but it was extremely boring.
i used to watch bb after dark on sho, it would run overnight and i would keep it on in the background - those were the days!

i just don't have time for the feeds, unless there's drama unfolding, and the replay feature helps - who has time to watch 24/7?

Reactions: Steveknj

·
tabasco rules
16,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't know why, but I'm much less enthused about BB than I have been in the past. We'll probably watch, but there's so much streaming stuff to catch up on that I am just not sure I want to invest even the three hours a week on this. I'll see what my wife wants to do. If she wants to watch, we'll watch, but if she doesn't care, I just might not bother. I just think I've gotten really bored with it over the last few years.
i was feeling a little less enthused about the new season when i started this thread, too, but guess what i've been randomly thinking about off and on the past 3 days... 😊

·
tabasco rules
16,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
not much new to report, only that casting is down to the final stages (bbn):

...We did read from one casting team member that she had wrapped up her part of the effort which just means the next round of decisions were handed off to CBS for their stamps of approval. So not much to chat about just yet but we’re getting close. With what looks to likely be an all new cast we can probably expect to meet them about one week before the season premiere...

·
tabasco rules
16,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Looks like the premiere will be a live move in episode so that bodes well for little or no delay in the feeds starting. Yay!
yes! i was just going to post myself. most are concluding the move-in will be live, too, which is a good guess looking at recent seasons, but until it's announced or it happens, i won't be fully convinced:

Reactions: verdugan

·
tabasco rules
16,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Is there going to be a new house this season?
there hasn't been much turnaround time since cbb, but i can't remember a season when there wasn't a themed remodel - julie will pick a website or show to reveal the house soon if precedent holds.

(i just now saw your post!)

·
tabasco rules
16,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
cbs released the (2-hour) finale date: sunday, september 27th at 7c/8e

so, we’re looking at an 82-day season, and no wednesday bb24 finale/survivor season kick-off event – interesting.

·
tabasco rules
16,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
No, I meant a whole new house, not just a remodel. I seemed to recall that they were selling the soundstage where the current house is located and were moving the entire location. But I also could have dreamed that.

OK, I finally googled it and this is what I was remembering. Never heard if they went through with a sale.

oh! i vaguely remember reading a post about this, probably filed it away until a sale went through.

i'm not that worried about the franchise, and would love to see a new house! i can't think of another show for the summer that would deliver bb ratings 3 days a week, replacing the show would be an impossible task budget-wise (unless the ratings tank).

·
tabasco rules
16,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
interesting premiere tidbits from dalton's ew interview with julie:
"I think the really big, big, big news is that our first eviction show is going to be like no other eviction show," teases the host. "Because the person who gets evicted may not be who you think."…"It could almost be anyone," Moonves says. "We have new levels of gameplay and twists that the game is certainly not what you think it is this season more than any other. It's our 24th season. We have to really switch it up."
…eviction night will start with traditional nominees, and while the Houseguests are deciding whom to evict, JCM is going to drop a bombshell on them? "Yes, exactly!" replies Moonves. "Expect the unexpected! We have to hand it to [the players]. These people come in. They're experts. They've watched since they were like eight years old. They know the game. We have to do something to keep them on their toes."
…"We're going to have a Zing Fest."
"I would imagine more zings," says Moonves. "I hope they can take it. The zings are so harsh. You should hear some that don't make the show. Get on your thick skin, people! Get ready!"

·
tabasco rules
16,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·

·
tabasco rules
16,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Paloma & Alyssa are bringing it with the scheming and planning on night 1. They want Nicole, Monte, Kyle, Pooch, & Jasmine in their alliance with Jasmine being expendable. They do not like Taylor, but they want her to get in a showmance so they have a reason to target her.
yeah, i heard that convo, but couldn't figure out who was talking - i'm still trying to figure out who is who - one thing is certain, brittany is not well liked, i'm thinking she'll be short lived.

·
tabasco rules
16,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
daniel was also trashing brit when he was cam talking in the hoh earlier - i didn't care for him at first, but he's growing on me.

so far, i think I’m liking nicole, ameera, paloma, and alyssa for the ladies, and pooch, kyle and monte for the guys.

terrance, jasmine, joseph, and michael are likable, but I’m not convinced of their game play (at least not yet) - turner and taylor are getting on my nerves a little.

·
tabasco rules
16,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
1 - 20 of 30 Posts