TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
tabasco rules
16,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the premier of big brother 24 has been officially announced: wednesday, july 6th!

the bb24 90-minute kickoff will reportedly feature all new hg's and live feeds on paramount+, but no official word on a live move-in this season. it will be followed by the 90-minute premier of the challenge: usa (20 years on mtv), featuring fan favorites from current and past cbs reality shows like survivor, big brother, the amazing race and love island.

Font Electric blue Brand Rectangle Magenta

Joint Smile Shoulder Purple Dress

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,434 Posts
I don't know why, but I'm much less enthused about BB than I have been in the past. We'll probably watch, but there's so much streaming stuff to catch up on that I am just not sure I want to invest even the three hours a week on this. I'll see what my wife wants to do. If she wants to watch, we'll watch, but if she doesn't care, I just might not bother. I just think I've gotten really bored with it over the last few years.

·
Retired
14,754 Posts
I'm trying to decide if I'll watch the live feeds this season. I really only enjoy the show when I dive in the deep end with the feeds. But it takes a lot of time. And I have a lot of time, just not sure I want to dedicate it to BB24. I'll be interested in seeing who is in the cast. If it's all new players, then I'll probably be in, but if there are returnees I'm not sure, guess it would depend on who is returning.

One thing not in the show's favor for me being a feeder is that I've read we won't get feeds the first week. So much happens that week! I hate when we don't get to see that.

·
Registered
12,812 Posts
Guess I better finish BB Canada season 2 soon then.

Paramount+ has some foreign installments such as CA and AUS. They’re… interesting.

And how do I have no clue what The Challenge is if it’s been around 20 seasons?

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
I don't know why, but I'm much less enthused about BB than I have been in the past. We'll probably watch, but there's so much streaming stuff to catch up on that I am just not sure I want to invest even the three hours a week on this. I'll see what my wife wants to do. If she wants to watch, we'll watch, but if she doesn't care, I just might not bother. I just think I've gotten really bored with it over the last few years.
Exactly how we felt starting last year so we didn't see last summer or the "celebrity" edition. It's run its course for us.

·
tabasco rules
16,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Paramount+ has some foreign installments such as CA and AUS. They’re… interesting.

the show is a summer tradition for me, and i still enjoy watching, even with streaming shows - with tivo and time shifting, it's not a big commitment, and as long as they keep it interesting, i'm in.

i have the live feeds, but only use them sparingly, they're too time consuming - thankfully, others watch every second and report online - i can always follow fan alerts and watch notable moments on replay.

yeah, the challenge is a new one for me, too - i guess cbs needed a venue for returning reality contestants, and the challenge needed cbs viewers? i'll probably watch the premier, and decide from there.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,434 Posts
Exactly how we felt starting last year so we didn't see last summer or the "celebrity" edition. It's run its course for us.
I have completely avoided the celebrity versions of this show. I have no interest in celebrities and the "celebrities" they use are D-List or were celebrities like 20 years ago. I think it's more fun with "regular" people (though I realize that certain "types" are always recruited for this show).

I agree, I'm almost certainly not going to watch if it's an All-Star season, but I suppose we would have heard that already.

I also have Paramount+, so is that were the live feeds are now? I've never had the live feeds before (as I never felt it was worth paying for it), but since I already have free P+ I'll watch a little of it if I decide to watch this year. I used to watch that hour or so on Pop every so often but it was extremely boring.

·
tabasco rules
16,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree, I'm almost certainly not going to watch if it's an All-Star season, but I suppose we would have heard that already.
all new hg's.
I also have Paramount+, so is that were the live feeds are now? I've never had the live feeds before (as I never felt it was worth paying for it), but since I already have free P+ I'll watch a little of it if I decide to watch this year. I used to watch that hour or so on Pop every so often but it was extremely boring.
i used to watch bb after dark on sho, it would run overnight and i would keep it on in the background - those were the days!

i just don't have time for the feeds, unless there's drama unfolding, and the replay feature helps - who has time to watch 24/7?

Reactions: Steveknj

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,434 Posts
all new hg's.

i used to watch bb after dark on sho, it would run overnight and i would keep it on in the background - those were the days!

i just don't have time for the feeds, unless there's drama unfolding, and the replay feature helps - who has time to watch 24/7?
Exactly. I have enough trouble keeping track of my own life!! I guess it could be fun to sneak a peek every so often if there's nothing and nothing to do (which is more and more rare these days). I forgot after dark used to be on Showtime, I just remember when POP channel had it for awhile for a couple of hours a week. Usually they'd just show them eating or BSing like pretty much everyone in any life does. Mega boring.

·
Registered
6,848 Posts

Ooh. BBCan2 is really great. Honestly most of the Canadian seasons are good with just a few duds in the mix.

The Challenge started as a competition between Real World and Road Rules, but it’s branched out as neither of its original feeder shows are producing new seasons. (Also it’s 20 years-the next installment is “season 38”).

·
tabasco rules
16,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i was feeling a little less enthused about the new season when i started this thread, too, but guess what i've been randomly thinking about off and on the past 3 days... 😊

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,434 Posts
i was feeling a little less enthused about the new season when i started this thread, too, but guess what i've been randomly thinking about off and on the past 3 days... 😊
I'm still not enthused. One reason I think is that I just don't feel any attachment to a bunch of 20 somethings any more. They just seem to be on a different wavelength than me. So I think perhaps I've just "outgrown" the show. The parts of the show I've enjoyed most are the competitions but the conversations just don't seem to "speak" to me any longer. Yeah, and get off my lawn!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
After watching the two seasons of Big Brother Australia available on Paramount+ I'm going to have trouble watching the US version. It just seems so silly and boring in comparison.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have completely avoided the celebrity versions of this show. I have no interest in celebrities and the "celebrities" they use are D-List or were celebrities like 20 years ago. I think it's more fun with "regular" people (though I realize that certain "types" are always recruited for this show).
I think you should give CBB a chance at least once. While it's not my favorite version of the show, I do like that the game play is different and it doesn't get as divisive. The celebrity know that they have a public personal that they must maintain so it adds in extra layer to the game.

·
Kermie Loves Elmo
8,207 Posts
I'm still not enthused. One reason I think is that I just don't feel any attachment to a bunch of 20 somethings any more. They just seem to be on a different wavelength than me. So I think perhaps I've just "outgrown" the show. The parts of the show I've enjoyed most are the competitions but the conversations just don't seem to "speak" to me any longer. Yeah, and get off my lawn!!
I feel like after the first bunch of seasons, it's mostly people that want to be famous and will act whatever way they need to in order to get fame.

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,434 Posts
I think you should give CBB a chance at least once. While it's not my favorite version of the show, I do like that the game play is different and it doesn't get as divisive. The celebrity know that they have a public personal that they must maintain so it adds in extra layer to the game.
Nope. I've made a decision long ago to avoid ANY type of celebrity reality show. It's not like you are getting any kind of top celebrites, and what you get are D list celebrities trying to jump start their careers, or has beens who haven't been relevant for years. I have no desire to watch them try and "promote" their careers by going on TV and showing off for the cameras. Not going to do it. If that's something you enjoy, that's your prerogative, but I avoid it like the plague. (full disclosure, I hate when "regular" people do the same thing...and way too often on these reality shows they bring in wanna be actors, or recruited people to "play" a stereotype to make these shows "interesting". I generally detest those types as well.....someone like Frankie Grande who it was clear to me was just trying to promote himself and his online presence).

·
Happily Vaccinated!
63,434 Posts
I feel like after the first bunch of seasons, it's mostly people that want to be famous and will act whatever way they need to in order to get fame.
Absolutely....it's what the YouTube and TIcTok generation is all about, do crazy stuff and try and get famous.

1 - 20 of 178 Posts