TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 440 Posts

· tabasco rules
16,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it's way early, but there's quite a bit of news and activity in big brother world, so instead of creating a separate pre-season thread, i went ahead with the live feed thread.

the date has been set for a july 7th live season premier! the second ep will air sunday the 11th, and then bb23 returns to the typical wed/thu/sun airings at 8pm eastern.
Plant Smile Facial expression Happy Pink

obviously, the live feeds will be a part of paramount+ this year, and the house theme will be "beach club":
the biggest news? longtime casting casting director robyn kass (kassting inc.), who's cast bb since season 2, is not involved with casting bb23. instead, jesse tannenbaum, who cast bbott in 2016, will manage this season's casting.
Smile Thigh Electric blue Art Font

this announcement follows a new cbs commitment to diversity for non-scripted shows moving forward - coincidence?

ok, i've thrown it all out there, any thoughts?

· Happily Vaccinated!
63,555 Posts
I get less enthused about BB each year. Last year was a total Clusterfunk. The year before wasn't much better. At least from what I hear, it is all new houseguests (but knowing BB they will figure out a way to get some of the old timers on, hopefully not playing).

I get the feeling that despite what she said, the casting director probably took a lot of heat for the collection of misogynistic bigots they've recently cast and didn't want to deal with it, so she "moved on to other projects". That's fine, she's done a horrible job the last few years.

I'm sure I'll watch, but I feel less inclined to stick with it a whole season if it's turning into a poop show. Plenty of baseball and streaming stuff to watch instead. The years where it was BB or other network shows, or norhing are long gone.

· Registered
36,272 Posts
I'm sure I'll watch, but I feel less inclined to stick with it a whole season if it's turning into a poop show. Plenty of baseball and streaming stuff to watch instead. The years where it was BB or other network shows, or norhing are long gone.
Last season was the first we didn't finish at all. Hopefully all new competitors will be more compelling for us. If not we will bail again.

· Happily Vaccinated!
63,555 Posts
Last season was the first we didn't finish at all. Hopefully all new competitors will be more compelling for us. If not we will bail again.
We ended up finishing. The only "traditional" BB we never finished was the season where Rachel Riley came back the second time and won. I can't stand the sight of her and when it was clear a little less than halfway through the season that it was setup for her to win, we bailed. I didn't watch the celebrity one they had at all, had no interest in watching a bunch of "D list" celebrities over act their way through the house.

· tabasco rules
16,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if past seasons are any indication, it should be just over 2 weeks before the new cast is revealed...

Sleeve Entertainment Event Fashion design Formal wear

· tabasco rules
16,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
three weeks until the premiere, and i can't wait! here's what to expect -

bb23 cast reveal, live feed launch, and premiere schedule:
  • tbd - cast reveal (approximately 2 weeks)
  • july 7th - bb23 live premiere 8/7c (90 minutes)
  • tbd - live feed launch (historically follows the live premiere)
  • july 11th - episode 2 8/7c
  • july 14th - episode 3 8/7c
  • july 15th - episode 4 live 8/7c
new season, new logo:

Plant Cloud Sky People in nature Happy

· Happily Vaccinated!
63,555 Posts
Meh, Janelle loses every season she's on. So overrated. She assumes that they would have helped her. Maybe they wouldn't. Unless they are buddies outside the house, in which case, that's a major problem with these All-Stars.

I'm glad for new blood this year. I'm so sick of that group of Gen Y spoiled brats. Time for a NEW group of Gen Y spoiled brats! But at least it will take us half a season to know which are the worst :)

· Registered
6,843 Posts
Meh, Janelle loses every season she's on. So overrated. She assumes that they would have helped her. Maybe they wouldn't. Unless they are buddies outside the house, in which case, that's a major problem with these All-Stars.

I'm glad for new blood this year. I'm so sick of that group of Gen Y spoiled brats. Time for a NEW group of Gen Y spoiled brats! But at least it will take us half a season to know which are the worst :)
Even with their help*, I'm sure Janelle would've still been out fairly early. She's such a huge target, and she can't win her way to safety anymore. It might've made it a more interesting season if they were there though. Especially, Vanessa. She wouldn't have let him walk away with the win without putting up a fight.

Oh well, bring on the new houseguests, and we can try all-stars again for season 30 or so (hopefully no pandemic at that time).

* And I don't know if Vanessa would have helped. Rachel would as she's a fan.

· Happily Vaccinated!
63,555 Posts
Even with their help*, I'm sure Janelle would've still been out fairly early. She's such a huge target, and she can't win her way to safety anymore. It might've made it a more interesting season if they were there though. Especially, Vanessa. She wouldn't have let him walk away with the win without putting up a fight.

Oh well, bring on the new houseguests, and we can try all-stars again for season 30 or so (hopefully no pandemic at that time).

* And I don't know if Vanessa would have helped. Rachel would as she's a fan.
If Rachel was on, I would have skipped last season, I'm almost sorry I didn't bother anyway! It's funny Janelle is a big target. I can't understand that. She's never won once. Maybe it's more of a perception thing than anything with her.

1 - 20 of 440 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.