TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like no new episodes of BCS this year. Season 5 won't air until 2020. :(
In an interview with Vulture, AMC Networks president of the entertainment networks group Sarah Barnett was asked about Better Call Saul's future. She mentioned the series won't return to the air until 2020, a decision that apparently stems from "talent needs." Barnett said she wouldn't want to rush the next season, because that could negatively impact its quality.
Another factor to keep in mind here is the Breaking Bad movie, which Gilligan is writing and directing. The film, which reportedly revolves around an escaped Jesse Pinkman trying to get his feet back on the ground, seems to be Gilligan's top priority at the moment. Pieces are starting to fall into place for the movie (earlier this year, an alleged cast list hit the web), so it's possible Gilligan put Saul on the back-burner for now while he concentrates on his latest project.
Better Call Saul Season 5 Won't Premiere Until 2020

·
Premium Member
15,967 Posts
Oh wow, it already seems like it's been forever since the last season. What I hate about shows that have such long hiatuses is that I can't remember a single thing that happened leading up to the new season.

·
Rebus Philbin
38,633 Posts
Oh wow, it already seems like it's been forever since the last season. What I hate about shows that have such long hiatuses is that I can't remember a single thing that happened leading up to the new season.
No kidding, me too.

I think something happened with Ned and Cat Stark in Game of Thrones, we'll find out when the new season starts...

·
Rebus Philbin
38,633 Posts
I'm right in the middle of the first book. You just spoiled it for me.:)
You think that's bad. Something happens with Jamie. And something happens with Tyrion. And wait till you find out that something happens with Jon Snow. There's almost no end to the somethings...

·
Cheesehead
11,397 Posts
My 1P has a recording for 530-536am 2/17, Monday morning, "A look at Season 5 Extended."

Then I have S5E1 2/23, 1105pm, and then the next day, S5E2 2/24, 10pm. Two full episodes on consecutive days. So is it airing Sunday or Monday nights after that? I see conflicting info. Oh well, my 1P seems to be picking it up. I'll probably watch both episodes Monday night.

·
Premium Member
15,967 Posts
Sundays are always heavy recording for me. Going from my 2-tuner Premieres to 4-tuner Bolts became an absolute necessity at some point. :)

As to subject at hand - looking forward to it and I have also scheduled the movie airing tonight.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
HBO, AMC, Showtime, and others have so many repeats, that (as you said) if my tuners max out, TiVo will just record it a few hours later. Just need to have them after the broadcast shows in the 1Pass

1 - 20 of 74 Posts