TiVo Community Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Notable Member
117,514 Posts
Sharing because I typically need things like this explained to me.

I knew the German connection to everything. But I didn't know/remember the woman was the widow of the German engineer what ran the construction of the lab project. Totally forgot about Gus showing off the spicy curls to the Madrigal execs way back when.

·
Go Bucks!
5,296 Posts
In some ways, Better Call Saul/Breaking Bad is the show that Lost wanted to be and pretended to be. Only in BCS/BB the mysteries are real, and have solutions that are carefully planned out.
I had a discussion about this very topic with a friend today. After BCS/BB, I'm more convinced than ever that the Lost writers were hacks.

·
I am Groot!
62,816 Posts
I had a discussion about this very topic with a friend today. After BCS/BB, I'm more convinced than ever that the Lost writers were hacks.
Well, they had their strengths. They were (are) very good at what they do.

Unfortunately, they tried to do a lot more than what they do. Plus lied about what they were doing.

·
4 8 15 16 23 42
13,929 Posts
Something pointed out in one of the podcasts (spoilerized since it possibly pertains to next week):

The episode of Breaking Bad prior to the one we met Saul Goodman (called "Better Call Saul") was titled "***** y Azul", or "Black and Blue" in Spanish. They speculated that Walter White may be in next week's episode.

Season 2, Episode 7 https://breakingbad.fandom.com/wiki/Negro_y_Azul

sigh thanks TCF for unnecessary censorship.

·
Nerd Fashionista
5,942 Posts
Now that Mr Ward is having someone watch Saul’s every move, I think Howard will come out on top in the end.
I think Gus/Mike's team that are following them will realize someone else is following them and it won't end well for that PI Howard hired. So, no, I don't think he'll come out on top. He may even get dead in the process. :D
Sharing because I typically need things like this explained to me.

THANK YOU!!!!

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
We know Kim is not in BB. Could be as simple as her and Jimmy just breaking up, but I think it will be fallout from their plan on Howard, which is why I think Howard will win (and it’s not what we would expect as well)

·
Nerd Fashionista
5,942 Posts
We know Kim is not in BB. Could be as simple as her and Jimmy just breaking up, but I think it will be fallout from their plan on Howard, which is why in think Howard will win (and it’s not what we would expect as well)
You may be right. The most expected outcome is that she's killed by Lalo or something like that in the crosshairs of the war between Gus and the Salamancas so them giving us a swerve would be very typical of the BB/BCS universe.

·
All About Footwork
31,944 Posts
The one nitpick I have is Jimmy and Kim's relationship. There's just zero chemistry between them. They're like brother and sister, not a couple in love. Kim seems so...frigid...and Jimmy has never made a lude remark to any woman that I must wonder if he's asexual. Even when they're in bed or even kissing, it just seems perfunctory.

Does this bother anyone else?

·
Mesa, AZ
238 Posts
The one nitpick I have is Jimmy and Kim's relationship. There's just zero chemistry between them. They're like brother and sister, not a couple in love. Kim seems so...frigid...and Jimmy has never made a lude remark to any woman that I must wonder if he's asexual. Even when they're in bed or even kissing, it just seems perfunctory.

Haha! Yes! I often forget they’re a couple and then I’m reminded when they actually do kiss.

·
oldweakandpathetic
21,477 Posts
I've been worried for Kim for several seasons now. I think I'm starting to believe she might survive the show. Seems like it's to the point where if she tragically dies, it would break Jimmy/Saul and he wouldn't be the person we see in BB.

Hope so anyway.

·
I am Groot!
62,816 Posts
I've been worried for Kim for several seasons now. I think I'm starting to believe she might survive the show. Seems like it's to the point where if she tragically dies, it would break Jimmy/Saul and he wouldn't be the person we see in BB.

Hope so anyway.
Well, I doubt a break-up would be much better for him. Then again, we've passed the point where she's the only thing keeping him from breaking bad...and now she's the one pushing him in that direction.

It's interesting...I can't see how they can end that relationship satisfactorily. But I have no doubt that they will! I have that much faith in them.

·
4 8 15 16 23 42
13,929 Posts

I've always looked at this as they're good friends who are going through the motions of being a couple. They may THINK they're "in love" but they really aren't. They do love each other though, but The same thing with getting married, they aren't married because they're in love, they got married so they couldn't testify against each other.

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
We know Lalo talked directly with Werner on the phone. We do not know for how long as they were already in mid conversation when Mike interrupted it. They could have been talking long enough for Lalo to get enough info to get himself to the widow in Germany. Werner wasn't exactly closed lipped when it came to Margarete and his love for her.

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
61,581 Posts
Yeah but just having him show up cold in a bar where Werner's widow is a bit well convenient?
I think it was in the thread for the previous episode where someone posted a screenshot of the info Lalo got when he climbed through the ceiling at the money wiring place and killed the clerk. It showed who Werner was wiring money to. So Lalo would know her name and the city she lived in, and from there it would be some relatively easy detective work to find out where she hangs out and what kind of approach would work best on her.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts