TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

Well-Known Raconteur
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AKA "The Return of Spooge" 馃榿

Each week we get closer to "Saul Goodman" as we knew him.

Was that Kim & Mike's first shared scene?

Directed by Rhea Seehorn, her first time. Masterful job.

Registered
The thing with Howard's car and the hooker was funny.
That's the same hooker Wendy from Breaking Bad.

That was something. Everybody watching everybody. The only question is who's watching from the house across the street. The couple who lives there must think it's law enforcement. That's one possibility. Or it could be more of Gus's guys. Or it could be Don Eladio/The Salamancas' guys keeping an eye on Gus on behalf of Lalo.

Registered

That was something. Everybody watching everybody. The only question is who's watching from the house across the street. The couple who lives there must think it's law enforcement. That's one possibility. Or it could be more of Gus's guys. Or it could be Don Eladio/The Salamancas' guys keeping an eye on Gus on behalf of Lalo.
When Gus walked through his underground Get Smart passageway and emerged above ground it looked like he was in the house the 2 bicyclists went into at the beginning. It looked like the same layout and same multi-screen surveillance set up right off the kitchen. Or I'm just confused :oops::cool:

Registered
It felt like to me he made a short trip to the house next door, while the bicyclist house was across the street watching the front of Gus' house, but I'll be looking at that again. I know the house numbers were also consistent with the bicyclists being across the street.

edit: You're right. The bicyclists house is next door to Gus. You can see it in the sprinkler shot at 53 minutes. Gus went next door to the cyclists house, the same room where the surveillance guy asked for tea, which means the bicyclists work for Gus. I had been letting my perspective be affected by the camera positions as viewed on the monitors.

Registered

The house across the street is Gus鈥, and it鈥檚 being watched by鈥..Gus 馃榾
(He鈥檚 expecting Lalo to show up)

Give 'em Hell, Devils
I don鈥檛 think so. It would have taken time to build that tunnel between the houses. I think Gus had that built a long time ago as a quick escape.
But then all the conversation between the two bicyclists about the neighborhood, the HOA, etc. wouldn't make sense. If that talk stopped the second they got inside the house, that would be consistent with them just playing a role, but it seemed to me they were still continuing that discussion and it wasn't just for show.

Let's see if the Insider Podcast provides any insight into that arrangement.

Registered
I stumbled upon Gus's house on Google Maps. I could halfway make out a street sign name behind the bicyclists in the opening scene. I started poking around that general area and spotted it. The Red house may be a whole different shooting location though... I don't expect my luck to be good enough to stumble upon that.

For all you Lalos looking for Gus, he lives at 1213 Jefferson St NE, Albuquerque, NM. The surveillance house is 1209 Jefferson St NE.

edit - new info came to light on the Red house (the street number is visible on the street curb). 4526 Sunningdale Ave NE. That's only 3 houses south of the bicyclists' house.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts