TiVo Community Forum banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
5,056 Posts
Is planting the idea that Howard Hamlin is a cokehead throughout the ABQ legal community just a way to continue getting revenge against Howard, or is there another motive? Are they thinking that making other lawyers wonder whether he is trustworthy will hasten the settlement of the Sandpiper lawsuit so Jimmy will get his cut sooner?
Yes, Jimmy Saul and Kim want to disgrace Howard to get the Sandpiper Lawsuit settled so that Saul gets his 20% of the lawyers share of the settlement. Howards firm wants to take it to trial. They discussed it in more detail in the final episode of last season.

·
Well-Known Raconteur
17,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·

·
4 8 15 16 23 42
14,135 Posts

·
4 8 15 16 23 42
14,135 Posts

·
4 8 15 16 23 42
14,135 Posts
The combination of being thanked for the dental work, and the dental records matching makes me think otherwise.
The producers have stated time and again that improvisation is very rare and discouraged, due to them planning future things in the plot that could be ruined by an errant improvisation.

·
I am Groot!
64,305 Posts
The producers have stated time and again that improvisation is very rare and discouraged, due to them planning future things in the plot that could be ruined by an errant improvisation.
I didn't mean improvised by the actors. I meant improvised by Lalo. His reactions at the time struck me as him thinking on his feet.

But that's a good point about the dental work...

·
All About Footwork
32,298 Posts
Totally overlooked that. Need to pay more attention!
Same here. I couldn't understand why he was killing that guy and why they never came back to it. The beard would've burned away anyway...

Reactions: dcheesi

·
Registered
5,056 Posts
Shaving the beard and having us see both side by side (as well as the wife’s thanking Lalo for the dental work) was supposed to help us know what was going on, yet not everyone caught it. Even though I realized what Lalo did, I didn’t understand how the dental work matched until it was mentioned here.

·
I am Groot!
64,305 Posts
Shaving the beard and having us see both side by side (as well as the wife’s thanking Lalo for the dental work) was supposed to help us know what was going on, yet not everyone caught it. Even though I realized what Lalo did, I didn’t understand how the dental work matched until it was mentioned here.
Oh, I knew what he was doing. I just didn't realize he had planned it out in advance.

I think part of the problem (for me, anyway) is that Tony Dalton is a bit of a...broad? hammy?...actor. I was apparently reading too much into his reactions during that scene.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts