TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
59,004 Posts
Why did Mike put the envelope in the safe that tipped the Salamancas to Nacho's location?
He's willing to give up Nacho (albeit reluctantly), and he wasn't going to do it by involving his Nacho's dad. Mike has his moral lines.
Mike is following orders from Gus, which is to implicate Nacho in the raid on Lalo's compound, while at the same time ensure that Nacho gets killed so they can't torture him and get him to admit he was working for Gus.
Did I read it correctly that the guy who's always in the room with Gus & Mike (can't remember name, the one who pulled a gun on Mike when he stood up to Gus) is secretly working for the Salamancas? His phone rang right after the interplay between Mike & Nacho, towards the end.
This is part of the plot to implicate Nacho and get him killed. Tyrus is the one coordinating that. Tyrus found and paid the guy who was watching across the way. And then Mike planted the envelope with the motel phone number, which is why the Cousins showed up at the motel.
Meanwhile, I thought that Lalo having invested in already having a potential double ready was playing quite the long game.
Yes, this one seemed a bit too clever by half. First, I didn't even realize what happened until I listened to a podcast about it this morning. But also, how did Lalo kill that guy, get his body back to the compound and burn it and then get away before the Federales arrived? I'll have to go back and watch it again, but that didn't seem to make any sense.

So glad to see the Kettlemans back, even if it was just for the one brief con. It appears their sense of decorating really rubs off on future Saul.

Is planting the idea that Howard Hamlin is a cokehead throughout the ABQ legal community just a way to continue getting revenge against Howard, or is there another motive? Are they thinking that making other lawyers wonder whether he is trustworthy will hasten the settlement of the Sandpiper lawsuit so Jimmy will get his cut sooner?

Finally, what Easter eggs did people notice during the opening scene going through Saul's house? Seems like there must have been tons of things pointing toward Jimmy/Saul's past life, but I didn't realize what we were seeing until that scene was almost over and I haven't yet gone back to rewatch it and pick out details.

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
59,004 Posts
Very reminiscent of the swimming pool/plane crash scene in BB. I assume like that one, this one will catch up to that point before the season is over.
The scene at the beginning of this episode presumably happened right around the end of the Breaking Bad timeline. So it's unlikely this final season of BCS will take us up to that. But I suspect there will be some more filling in of gaps between now and then.

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
59,004 Posts
Gene happened right around the end of the Breaking Bad timeline as well. But I get what you mean.
Right. I don't think we know for sure if law enforcement was very close to catching Saul and therefore this happens within days of him disappearing, or if they didn't descend on Saul's house until after Walter White came back to town and killed all the white supremacists. Either way, this scene of the feds clearing out his house and looking for evidence comes after Saul is hoovered away by the vacuum man and before before any of the Gene in Omaha scenes that we've previously been shown.

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
59,004 Posts
Did it also seem like Mike didn't put all the money back in the replacement safe? Seemed like the stacks weren't as tall. Which would make sense. The Salamanca crew would have no way to know how much should be in there.

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
59,004 Posts
Since the last ep is in a few days I started binging S6 today. The plan was to watch a few eps each day and then I'd be caught up on Monday for the finale but this damn show is too damn good and I'll probably end up binging the whole damn thing by tomorrow, dammit.
Even still, that only leaves you a two-day wait for the finale. Not that bad. And totally worth the wait.

Plus, you can read and participate in all the threads for this season's episodes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts