TiVo Community Forum banner
41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Mesa, AZ
244 Posts
Loved seeing the setup seen of the BB boys and Saul in the RV and then actually seeing it play through was great! The dialogue was on point. My only nitpick- that RV sure got wide and I love the wall to floor ceilings. 😂 Much better episode than the last.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
I think Jimmy needs the cash for a ”new dust filter for his Hoover MaxExtract PressurePro model 60”, and quickly, and I think he’s heading to Florida.

·
Registered
7,528 Posts
I thought Jesse was the one who got the meeting with Saul (“you need a criminal lawyer”). So to hear Saul talking to Mike about Heisenberg made little sense to me.

And was the desert scene (”Did Lalo send you?) with Walt & Jesse? Damn, I rewatched BB before BCS and I still forget!

·
204 No Content
Custom Title 2
35,581 Posts
I thought Jesse was the one who got the meeting with Saul (“you need a criminal lawyer”). So to hear Saul talking to Mike about Heisenberg made little sense to me.

And was the desert scene (”Did Lalo send you?) with Walt & Jesse? Damn, I rewatched BB before BCS and I still forget!
Yeah, the short version of that episode was:

1. Badger got busted by the cops.
2. Jesse arranged for a "Criminal Lawyer" (Saul) to help Badger.
3. Jesse and Walt go to Saul's office. Neither wants to talk to him, so they flip a coin. Walt loses, and goes in pretending to be Badger's uncle.
4. Walt pays Saul. Saul insists that the best thing for Badger to do is tell everything he knows.
5. Walt leaves. They decide that they need to scare Saul, so they kidnap him.
6. Saul recognizes Walt from his coughing, and realized that "Badger's Uncle" is really Heisenberg. He doesn't yet know Heisenberg's real life name.
7. Saul showed up in Walt's classroom.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well, there's the moment we've been waiting for since the show began. So great seeing the two of them back together again. And this episode just proved that Jimmy absolutely cannot change his spots. He will always be looking for more.
What is the Tivo connection between bcs and bb I have never seen Tivo mentioned on the show?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Except that there were 5+ years between when Kim left and when Jimmy/Saul got deep enough that he had to flee. ....
Thanks for the reminder. Sometimes it's so hard to be consciously aware of the timeline in this show. Between the time Kim left and Gene makes the call has been the entire run of Breaking Bad, and I don't think we have any evidence of Jimmy/Saul/Gene trying to contact her before this scene. She could be married to someone else, she could be a lot of things Gene never considered. It's been written elsewhere that we will find out about that call sometime in the last two episodes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
He didn’t. Which begs the question - Who really locked the deadbolt? If the tape was placed over the latch, that would have no effect on the deadbolt. Could have been the owner; but unlikely since the other guy had at least entered but then decided not to go through with it. So we assume the owner was out cold. Maybe he’s awakened, locked the deadbolt and is ready to attack “Gene”.
Or a much simpler explanation.... If I were going to break a window, I'd do it in the back of the house. But the tape would have been on the front door, since the owner would have used the front door when he came in from the cab ride.

·
Seasoned gas passer
13,023 Posts

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
62,084 Posts
I think Jimmy needs the cash for a ”new dust filter for his Hoover MaxExtract PressurePro model 60”, and quickly, and I think he’s heading to Florida.
In the Gene scene at the beginning of S5, Gene calls the Disappearer and is quoted a fee (double what it cost last time) and is asked if that's going to be a problem. Gene says it's fine. By the end of the call he changes his mind, but it's not because he doesn't have the cash. It's because he decides he doesn't want to be running scared for the rest of his life, and he wants to solve this situation himself.

On the Insider Podcast this week, they said that running scams is Jimmy/Saul's "drug of choice," meaning that he's not running the scams for the money (the writer mentioned the diamonds he has in his stash and that he has plenty of money) but that he's doing it because it's the only way for him to feel alive and to quiet those self-destructive voices in his head.

Reactions: SonicCookie

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Gene went to the back door with the deadbolt, the tape was on the front door, supposedly without the dead bolt engaged.
I came to say the same thing. Two different doors.

Poor Stuart - spending years trying to build a successful comic book store and working for Howard only to get cancer and have Jimmy/Saul Goodman break into his house.
Wait... What?!?! That wasn't... Checks IMDB... Holy crap...

A very interesting episode. Saul just can't play it straight. I thought Jessie's voice sounded off, too deep, from what it was in BB. It's been so many years, but I can't remember if in BB Walt was going by the name Heisenberg by the time they met Saul. I thought it came later.

Nice to see Mike again.

I really hope we see the other half of the conversation with Kim.

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
I came to say the same thing. Two different doors.

Wait... What?!?! That wasn't... Checks IMDB... Holy crap...

A very interesting episode. Saul just can't play it straight. I thought Jessie's voice sounded off, too deep, from what it was in BB. It's been so many years, but I can't remember if in BB Walt was going by the name Heisenberg by the time they met Saul. I thought it came later.

Nice to see Mike again.

I really hope we see the other half of the conversation with Kim.
Walt introduced himself as Heisenberg in season 1 episode 6 when he first confronted Tuco and blew up Tuco's office after they beat up Jesse and took the meth.

41 - 60 of 82 Posts