TiVo Community Forum banner
21 - 40 of 82 Posts

·
I'm back!
35,628 Posts
From S4E5 ("Quite a Ride"), we know exactly to the minute when that phone call happened:
You're correct, but talk about total recall... :oops:
I forget. How did Fransceca know that a call was coming at that time and place?
See the beginning of the Ep Kaszeta mentions. As Saul and Francesca are stripping Saull's office of cash he asks her "Where are you going to be on November 12 at 3 PM?" she replies "I'll be there but if it doesn't ring at 3 on the dot I'm going." "Don't worry. It's gonna ring."

·
Premium Member
10,873 Posts
I am wondering how Jimmy ends up. Is it just Slippin Jimmy in Nebraska or something else?

·
Notable Member
117,647 Posts
That happens after the events we'd seen in the Gene timeline, including the mall heist.

From S4E5 ("Quite a Ride"), we know exactly to the minute when that phone call happened: November 12th, 2010, at 3:01 pm (he was a minute late).
Hmmm. OK.. It seemed like a long time since Saul bolted to Omaha to me But even that date I don't recall. I don't watch the detailed breakdowns.. I know from last episode and the analysis it seems the time we have seen Gene in Omaha isn't quite as long as we may have thought.

·
TV MA SLV
27,977 Posts
You're correct, but talk about total recall... :oops:

See the beginning of the Ep Kaszeta mentions. As Saul and Francesca are stripping Saull's office of cash he asks her "Where are you going to be on November 12 at 3 PM?" she replies "I'll be there but if it doesn't ring at 3 on the dot I'm going." "Don't worry. It's gonna ring."
I would have thought they'd make their next "appointment" on this call, because Saul seems to want to be updated with what's going on every so often.

-smak-

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
62,084 Posts
I would have thought they'd make their next "appointment" on this call, because Saul seems to want to be updated with what's going on every so often.

-smak-
I think Saul just wanted to have a chance for things to blow over and then check back in with Francesca to see how things shook out. He was hoping that with Walt dead, the Fed wouldn't be so hot on his trail anymore. But instead, he learned from Francesca that the DEA took all of his various businesses, shell corporations, and even overseas bank accounts. So he now has nothing other than what he brought with him to Omaha.

Then he calls Kim and realizes she wants nothing to do with him and he doesn't have a lifeline through her.

Which leads him to go back to Jeffie to start up another scam because he needs to start stockpiling money again and now Jeffie is the only person on Earth who he feels he can trust.

·
204 No Content
Custom Title 2
35,580 Posts
Hmmm. OK.. It seemed like a long time since Saul bolted to Omaha to me But even that date I don't recall. I don't watch the detailed breakdowns.. I know from last episode and the analysis it seems the time we have seen Gene in Omaha isn't quite as long as we may have thought.
I agree that the pacing felt like he’d been hiding as Gene for a while, but the timeline that they’ve pinned with various events means it was only ~7 months prior that he called Ed for an extraction.

Aside from the large jumps, Better Call Saul has a pretty compressed timeline in general.

How long do you think it was been Jimmy and Kim getting married and Kim leaving?

One month. Really

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
He didn’t. Which begs the question - Who really locked the deadbolt? If the tape was placed over the latch, that would have no effect on the deadbolt. Could have been the owner; but unlikely since the other guy had at least entered but then decided not to go through with it. So we assume the owner was out cold. Maybe he’s awakened, locked the deadbolt and is ready to attack “Gene”.
Gene went to the back door with the deadbolt, the tape was on the front door, supposedly without the dead bolt engaged.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
Jimmy gets an update from Fran that the Feds are watching his old associates and bugging their phones, then immediately calls Kim?? So the Feds must now know that Jimmy is in Omaha. Jimmy is smarter than that, but I think this will be his downfall.

Just rewatched that scene, and maybe the reason he was so pissed is that he realized his mistake (or Kim said his name), and the reason for the scams is that he needs cash to get out of town.

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
62,084 Posts
Jimmy gats an update from Fran that the Feds are watching his old associates and bugging their phones, then immediately calls Kim?? So the Feds must now know that Jimmy is in Omaha. Jimmy is smarter than that, but I think this will be his downfall.

Just rewatched that scene, and maybe he was so pissed is that he realized his mistake (or Kim said his name), and the reason for the scams is that he needs cash to get out of town.
Except that there were 5+ years between when Kim left and when Jimmy/Saul got deep enough that he had to flee. So it's possible the Feds could be bugging the phone at Kim's work, but unlikely. There just wouldn't be any evidence that she was involved in any of the conduct that got Jimmy/Saul in trouble. It's likely the Feds interviewed her after Saul fled, but she would have told them she hasn't had any contact with him since 2004 and that likely wouldn't be enough to get a judge to approve a wiretap of a business where she works.

·
Seasoned gas passer
13,023 Posts
Gene went to the back door with the deadbolt, the tape was on the front door, supposedly without the dead bolt engaged.
What’s the point of a deadbolt on a door with so many windows?

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
62,084 Posts
What’s the point of a deadbolt on a door with so many windows?
There's no point to any deadbolt if a criminal is willing to damage the door in order to gain access. The fact is that most criminals are deterred by deadbolts (even those near windows) because most criminals aren't interested in doing damage and calling attention to their crime. They're more interested in the crimes of opportunity and not wanting to be caught.

The whole point of the scam Gene and Jeffie are running is that the third guy sneaks in, takes pics of everything, and leaves everything exactly as he found it. He doesn't even remove cash from the wallet. The mark doesn't even know anything has happened until weeks or months down the road when their financial accounts are manipulated.

Which is why Jimmy/Saul/Gene being willing to break the window shows he's clearly on tilt, acting recklessly, and this is likely to put him in a very bad situation.

21 - 40 of 82 Posts