TiVo Community Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
All About Footwork
32,122 Posts
The ending makes zero sense. Even if the guy is still asleep, he will know someone broke-in the house when he gets up.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
It makes even less sense because of the deadbolt. I mean, the deadbolt was in the locked position - something you cannot do with a deadbolt on the outside if you don't have the key. It's the whole reason why you have a deadbolt. So how did the other guy remove the tape and lock the deadbolt?

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
The ending makes zero sense. Even if the guy is still asleep, he will know someone broke-in the house when he gets up.
I'm pretty sure that's the point. After all this time of careful planning and execution, Gene/Saul does something incredibly stupid, sloppy, and sure to get him caught or at least expose his schemes. And to do it with a guy with terminal cancer who seemed quite nice to him, too; unlike their first mark who was a complete a-hole to Viktor.

We'll see for sure over the last 2 episodes.

·
Registered
22,444 Posts
Great episode. Glad they put some flashing back in there. Those were new scenes in the RV right? Not from the original Breaking Bad? Aaron Paul did look older.

Then Kim is working at a sprinkler supply store in Florida?

Waiting to see what comes of the Carol Burnett character looking out the window late at night realizing "Gene" may not be who he seems.

·
204 No Content
Custom Title 2
35,566 Posts
Waiting to see what comes of the Carol Burnett character looking out the window late at night realizing "Gene" may not be who he seems.
I don't think it's a coincidence that Marion just got a laptop and discovered the internet.

If Saul is still this "hot", there's got to be stuff online, wanted posters, etc.

·
I'm back!
35,576 Posts
I'm pretty sure that's the point. After all this time of careful planning and execution, Gene/Saul does something incredibly stupid, sloppy, and sure to get him caught or at least expose his schemes. And to do it with a guy with terminal cancer who seemed quite nice to him, too; unlike their first mark who was a complete a-hole to Viktor.

We'll see for sure over the last 2 episodes.
The "Next on..." video over the closing credits did some foreshadowing, which often is a red herring, however.

·
Notable Member
117,637 Posts
So.. the call Gene made to the sprinkler shop in florida. asking for Kim.. We didn't hear anything beyond what he said to the operator. (they still exist??)

Did he talk to Kim? He clearly was unhappy/upset/angry. Whats going on there.

When we found out the guy had cancer, I thought " they are gonna call off the robbery".. and they did.. But it wasn't Gene. It was Jeffie's buddy that does the robbery .. Then Gene overuled.. And took over.. And he's gonna mess it up.. I am guessing whatever happened with that phone call is affecting him

·
Notable Member
117,637 Posts
And it was good seeing Francisca again.

I'm guessing that she's correct in that she's being followed, but doing something like a pointless circle around the block just points out to those following you that you think you're being followed. :)

That phone call she had with Gene. I am trying to figure out exactly where it sits in the time line.. it seems like it was not too long after Saul bolted to Omaha and wasn't "current time" in Omaha (i.e. just after the department store heist)

·
Seasoned gas passer
13,022 Posts
It makes even less sense because of the deadbolt. I mean, the deadbolt was in the locked position - something you cannot do with a deadbolt on the outside if you don't have the key. It's the whole reason why you have a deadbolt. So how did the other guy remove the tape and lock the deadbolt?
He didn’t. Which begs the question - Who really locked the deadbolt? If the tape was placed over the latch, that would have no effect on the deadbolt. Could have been the owner; but unlikely since the other guy had at least entered but then decided not to go through with it. So we assume the owner was out cold. Maybe he’s awakened, locked the deadbolt and is ready to attack “Gene”.

·
Premium Member
58,031 Posts
I
That phone call she had with Gene. I am trying to figure out exactly where it sits in the time line.. it seems like it was not too long after Saul bolted to Omaha and wasn't "current time" in Omaha (i.e. just after the department store heist)
Pretty sure it was after the heist. Also after El Camino. We learned that Walt is dead and that the vacuum cleaner guy had Jesse's car found near the Southern Border.

·
Registered
7,031 Posts
He didn’t. Which begs the question - Who really locked the deadbolt? If the tape was placed over the latch, that would have no effect on the deadbolt. Could have been the owner; but unlikely since the other guy had at least entered but then decided not to go through with it. So we assume the owner was out cold. Maybe he’s awakened, locked the deadbolt and is ready to attack “Gene”.
I wonder if the cancer type and medicine type may have an effect on how the mark metabolizes the barbiturates? He may have woke up in the tree hours plus since being dropped off.

·
204 No Content
Custom Title 2
35,566 Posts
That happens after the events we'd seen in the Gene timeline, including the mall heist.

From S4E5 ("Quite a Ride"), we know exactly to the minute when that phone call happened: November 12th, 2010, at 3:01 pm (he was a minute late).

He then drove off, decided that he wanted to talk to Kim, stopped at another pay phone (didn't notice the details here, he may have doubled back to the one he was using). Called for her, it didn't go well[1], kicked out the window of the booth, and then drove off to meet soon afterward with Jeff again.

[1] We don't know much about this call, although I suspect it was an argument, since he appears to be yelling "Kim! Kim!")

1 - 20 of 82 Posts