TiVo Community Forum banner
61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
62,365 Posts
If the timeline of that scene is so far off from Breaking Bad he could have easily supposed to be still in high school or at least college age. I couldn't buy for a second he was his Breaking Bad age much less younger than that. I just gave them a pass by suspending my disbelief because what else can a person do.
I immediately wondered if Jesse would have still been in high school at that point (2004) but according to the various timelines, Jesse was born on September 24, 1984 so he was supposed to be 20 (or almost 20) when that scene takes place.

·
I am Groot!
64,380 Posts
I immediately wondered if Jesse would have still been in high school at that point (2004) but according to the various timelines, Jesse was born on September 24, 1984 so he was supposed to be 20 (or almost 20) when that scene takes place.
...which is why it's so jarring seeming him played by a guy in his 40s...

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
I know they have said they did not do any de-aging but in that scene with Kim I couldn't get past the fact that his eyes and cheeks looked different than the scene with Walt and Saul in the RV.

·
Registered
275 Posts
It's been several years since I saw Breaking Bad, so I may have forgotten some details but didn't Walter dispose of Mike's remains with acid after he shot him. I don't think his body was ever found and Saul/Gene would not have known he was "in the ground." Did Saul learn of Mike's death from Walt? I know Walt lied to Jesse, but I am not sure if Saul would have found out somehow.

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
62,365 Posts
It's been several years since I saw Breaking Bad, so I may have forgotten some details but didn't Walter dispose of Mike's remains with acid after he shot him. I don't think his body was ever found and Saul/Gene would not have known he was "in the ground." Did Saul learn of Mike's death from Walt? I know Walt lied to Jesse, but I am not sure if Saul would have found out somehow.
I don't remember any specific scene where Saul is told that Mike has been killed, but Saul was working closely with Walt at that point to launder all the money, and that's right when Walt's empire really takes off (killing all of Gus' henchmen in prison, selling meth to the Czech Republic, the "Crystal Blue Persuasion" montage, amassing the huge pile of cash, etc.). There was about a five month period after Mike was killed before Walt's empire began to implode. And given that Mike and Saul previously worked together on occasion, it stands to reason that Saul would ask about Mike's whereabouts and would have been told he "went to Belize."

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
As I remember it after Walt shoots Mike, Mike tries to drive away, crashes gets out of his car realizes he isn't going anywhere and grabs a seat by the side of a river or lake. Walt follows the blood trail to Mike who asks Walt to let him die in peace. I don't remember Walt then doing anything with the body????

As far as Saul knowing Walt killed Mike, I think he just figured it out like Jesse did, then in the episode Buried, Saul brings it up....you can jump to 1:08 in the video.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
So the question is what brought Kim to crying most?
  • Did she hate her Florida life?
  • Did she hate she contributed to getting Howard killed?
  • Did she hate what she is doing to Jimmy and she could have guided him different?
And don't say all of it!
Following her confession, release of years of guilt and grief over her part in Howard's death; relief due to her no longer having to live the life in Florida that she hates (which was her way of punishing herself); grief that she had to betray Jimmy, whom she still loves despite everything.

So, yeah, all of it...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't remember Walt then doing anything with the body????

Yeah, at the very start of the next episode, Walt & Todd are at Vamanos Pest. Todd says the junkyard guy crushed Mike's car up into a cube, and asks if they should "take care of this other thing?" Walt says "yeah", and they open up a car trunk that has Mike's body in it. Walt says "I don't want to talk about it; had to be done." and they start to get out the barrel and acid. Then Jesse walks in and almost catches them.

Both Jesse & Saul deduce that Walt killed Mike after the prison murders. "He went to Belize" was Walt's weak cover story, that Saul uses as a metaphor to have Jesse killed later in the series.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts