TiVo Community Forum banner
141 - 160 of 160 Posts

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
62,370 Posts
well...yes and no...

yes, I don't like how they resolved it. I think going from 7 easy years to 86 hard years was stupid and - despite their best efforts to justify it - completely not-believable.

But what I'm saying is that - the unrealistic ending notwithstanding - they didn't need 4 episodes to do it. The first 3 of the 4 were completely superfluous. We didn't need to see more bad things done by Saul; he had done enough bad things. Back when I thought they had a purpose (a setup for a different ending), they were ok. But with the benefit of hindsight, they were just fill-ins to get to 13 episodes instead of 10.
I suspect that they always planned to have several episodes of black and white to resolve the Gene storyline, so the fact that they had extra episodes this season likely means we just got more of the pre-BB storyline.

·
Seasoned gas passer
13,028 Posts
well...yes and no...

yes, I don't like how they resolved it. I think going from 7 easy years to 86 hard years was stupid and - despite their best efforts to justify it - completely not-believable....
It's a teevee show....FICTION...not reality or history or biography.

• Wow
Reactions: Anubys

·
All About Footwork
32,299 Posts
Reactions: Hank

·
4 8 15 16 23 42
14,146 Posts

·
Give 'em Hell, Devils
62,370 Posts
I hadn't heard of Duke's until a couple years ago when they started sponsoring a college football bowl game. And then that's when I started hearing that for most people in the South, there's only Duke's and anything else is an abomination.

Motor vehicle Font Emblem Symbol Sports equipment

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
A cheaper shelf-stable attempt at a mayo-like white sauce. Kraft needed something that didn't use eggs which was the main reason mayo was expensive and perishable - they wanted an alternate that would last longer on the shelf and use way less leggs.

Never heard of Dukes either, then it seems everyone is using it. Heck, I was watching the latest Alton Brown QQ episode and they said they were out of Dukes. I was half wondering if anyone was going to suggest Miracle Whip because, you know...

·
Premium Member
22,198 Posts
When I say alternative, and I am now using that term loosely, I as I original said, think of it as a different product altogether that SOME people may use in place of or in similar use cases as mayo. But for me they have 2 distinctly different purposes/uses and I do not interchange them

141 - 160 of 160 Posts